1. Originally posted by dvschend:[..]
    In my case nobody made money of it. A friend remastered the recording for me from the digital source to vinyl, another friend had it pressed for me.

And come on. Don't tell me you never bought a bootleg cd pre-internet era. Even the pope has 3 and he is holier than thou
    Now that is funny!
    I have many recordings I have had put to vinyl this way. If you know the people who can do it then it's not hard to do. Lots of fine recordings have made it to these private pressings.
    To get this done privately would be costly but if you know people...
  2. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Now that is funny!
    I have many recordings I have had put to vinyl this way. If you know the people who can do it then it's not hard to do. Lots of fine recordings have made it to these private pressings.
    To get this done privately would be costly but if you know people...
    Only had the chance to do it once. The friend of the pressing does not work at the company anymore. It was a small pressing plant who did orders up to 500 copies for privateers. He did mine for free after hours. Only had to pay for material. Still grateful he did it though
  3. Originally posted by dvschend:[..]
    In my case nobody made money of it. A friend remastered the recording for me from the digital source to vinyl, another friend had it pressed for me.

And come on. Don't tell me you never bought a bootleg cd pre-internet era. Even the pope has 3 and he is holier than thou

I said that everything is respectable. Do not give yourself alluded to, it is not directed at anyone, it was generalized.
  4. Originally posted by dvschend:[..]
    Not really. It is more likely for me to play the vinyl (even if audio quality isn't that great as the digital). I have a 360 show that I play very often, I've deleted the flac/mp3 after I've bought the vinyl. Too much hassle to play that for me.

This gets even better.

Again, it's not about the music. It was originally recorded onto digital, mastered to digital. Vinyl is a demonstrably inferior audio medium, and only gives better sound dependent on the mastering.

So I'll revise my statement. It may not just be the colors, but rather the ritual too. If it was just about the audio, one would only focus on obtaining the best audio format (original digital audio).
  5. Originally posted by Ramone:[..]

I said that everything is respectable. Do not give yourself alluded to, it is not directed at anyone, it was generalized.
    Well said!

I understand not everybody is the scientist type when it comes to music. So to each their own. Sometimes the ritual and shiny vinyl is part of the experience, which matters a lot to some.
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

This gets even better.

Again, it's not about the music. It was originally recorded onto digital, mastered to digital. Vinyl is a demonstrably inferior audio medium, and only gives better sound dependent on the mastering.

So I'll revise my statement. It may not just be the colors, but rather the ritual too. If it was just about the audio, one would only focus on obtaining the best audio format (original digital audio).
    Well, we don't all have to be audiophiles to enjoy music. The ritual has nothing to do with collecting vinyl though, more with the experience. Same experience that some have eating chinese food with chopsticks. Or going to a concert and buying the T-shirt.
  7. Originally posted by dvschend:[..]
    Well, we don't all have to be audiophiles to enjoy music. The ritual has nothing to do with collecting vinyl though, more with the experience. Same experience that some have eating chinese food with chopsticks. Or going to a concert and buying the T-shirt.
    Hear, hear!
  8. Originally posted by dvschend:[..]
    Or going to a concert and recording it?
  9. No news about Las-Vegas 2018 IEM ?
  10. I'll buy both CDs right now if any one wants to pitch in
  11. what's the best way to buying the xavel las-vegas ?
    how many time for the delivery ?