1. Not my cup of tea

2. Long before the web, I would buy bootlegs on vinyl back in the 70's and than eventually on CD in the 80's. They were pressed good back in the 80's and almost looked like professional releases.
  3. Bootleggers bootlegging other bootleggers.

This is why I don't release high profile recordings during the tour.
  4. Originally posted by siblis:Long before the web, I would buy bootlegs on vinyl back in the 70's and than eventually on CD in the 80's. They were pressed good back in the 80's and almost looked like professional releases.
    I don't care for buying bootleg cd's since most of them are free downloads anyway. But if one IEM of the JT17 (preferably Amsterdam or Brussels) tour would be released on vinyl I would probably pay big bucks for it . Luckily for me I didn't find one yet at the record fairs
  5. Yours are worth waiting for anyway. I don’t know what everyone else thinks but it’s clear to me from comparing with the bootlegs that have been shared on here that you’ve put much more work into it. I will confess the removal of the counts is something that makes a significant difference to me, i know that’s not the only factor and it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate an IEM where counts are still present but talking preferences here. I also think the best recording of the tour so far is the audience New York show you mixed and doubt that will be displaced until you do release stuff at the end of the tour. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone ends up stealing that for a bootleg.
  6. If they stole my LA night one to release, I am 100% certain that MSG3 will be pressed as well.
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:This is more of a general question about bootlegs, not specifically E&I, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My question: can it sometimes take several years for recordings of shows to turn up online? I ask because I was at the Detroit JT2017 show last fall, and there's still been no sign of one from what I can tell.

Note: I'm not greedily asking for a bootleg or whining about one not being up the day after a show! Just genuinely curious how long it sometimes takes before bootlegs turn up from past tours. Perhaps I should give up hope for now (or perhaps I should have taken initiative and recorded the gig myself... )

Yeah, No Philly show either. This was the entire reason I decided to tape the Philadelphia shows for experience and innocence.
  8. Philly will eventually be released. I know a taper who got good tape, wants to release it, and we just haven't done the post production work.
  9. But I like that you took the right lesson!