2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 4
  1. They mentioned it today on Sirius
  2. Anyone know what channel this is supposed to be on when it launches?
  3. I would like to see this as a part of the U2.com membership but that's not gonna happen
  4. Looking forward to it!
  5. So what is this actually going to be?
  6. U2X RADIO will launch in 2020 - with a dedicated radio channel for SiriusXM subscribers as well as content for Pandora listeners - and will celebrate music from the length and breadth of U2's career. The channel will see the band themselves taking to the airwaves and will also feature never-before heard interviews and live concert recordings, favorites and surprises from the archive, playlists curated by the band, as well as content celebrating their Dublin roots and much more.

Here's how band members greeted the news.

Bono: "Generally when I open my mouth people prefer if I'm singing, but on U2X RADIO, maybe they'll forgive me the odd interruption..."

Adam: "I'm not entirely sure what this is but what it isn't is an opportunity to hear some bass solos... U2 24/7. Welcome to the last 43 years of my life."

Larry: "It all sounds exhausting to me but if people really want to listen to us for 24 hours a day, this is the way to do it."

Edge: "So I get to sit around having a laugh with my musician friends and playing our favourite music. As I always say, I have the best job in the world!"
  7. It’s a bit vague regarding live recordings and whether they’ll be never heard stuff or if it’s just the interviews that have never been heard. I would be a little disappointed though if there is stuff on there that’s exclusive to Siriusxm listeners that u2.com subscribers don’t get.
  8. It’s supposed to get exclusives. That’s kind of the point. Live recordings they play a Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty or Elvis Presley, are not available for sale on their website which is why you need to subscribe to the service to hear them. I’ll take new U2 material anywhere I can get it
  9. I’m heard a lot of this today, drove from Jersey back to DC and they said it’s coming soon. Also heard “Beat the Brat” which is a Ramones cover by them that I’ve never heard. Must be from like Achtung or Zooropa idk. Then they played a live help cover by U2 from like 87-89 I bet (didn’t say the year) but I was so happy to hear a live song by U2 on Sirius because that means we might be getting some crazy stuff. Also heard like 4x the U2 stuff as usual today, they are pumping that channel hard.