2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Nope. Every concert they've played has been released.
  2. If only concerts released i don't understand the interest
  3. They record all their shows, why not pick our a few and play them on their channel, too much work I guess, look at what Springsteen has been doing, emulate that model, why not?
  4. Originally posted by caruso65:They record all their shows, why not pick our a few and play them on their channel, too much work I guess, look at what Springsteen has been doing, emulate that model, why not?
    There are licensing issues apparently. They can only play what has been released.

That is corporate U2 for ya.

We chose the wrong band for these kind of things. Opposed to Springsteen.
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    There are licensing issues apparently. They can only play what has been released.

That is corporate U2 for ya.

We chose the wrong band for these kind of things. Opposed to Springsteen.

In what way ? Aren't u2 the sole owners writers and producers of the recorded music they make ? It's not like they are a cover band ? Can u explain what you mean by 'licensing issues' ?
  6. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

In what way ? Aren't u2 the sole owners writers and producers of the recorded music they make ? It's not like they are a cover band ? Can u explain what you mean by 'licensing issues' ?
    A band can't record and release a track they didn't write without paying royalties to the songwriter. That's if they get permission.
  7. Is that what you mean?
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    A band can't record and release a track they didn't write without paying royalties to the songwriter. That's if they get permission.
    They are the songwriters though ?? I get it if they are like i said a cover band who need that sort of permission , but they produce entirely their own material?
  9. I can’t understand. It’s a radio station that plays u2 24/7. Not sure why people thought we were going to get all this unreleased music.
  10. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    They are the songwriters though ?? I get it if they are like i said a cover band who need that sort of permission , but they produce entirely their own material?
    I think they just have a unique opinion on releasing live material. Let's not forget how the US is much more consumption driven than the ROW. It just might be a personal thing.
  11. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Not always. They write their own material.