2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Originally posted by miryclay:Did anyone send submissions to this list? The solo work should be incorporated into this list especially Bono's contributions.
    We track any unique contributions in our yearly wrap up. There’s not been any “songs”, solo or otherwise. Just the odd poem or psalm being read by a band member on air.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/2020_in_review

You can find them in the episode guides as anything new crops up as well.
  2. I was speaking of having Bono's solo work on the 00-20 playlist thing they are doing.

3. Hi all...longtime lurker here on U2start, a seldom poster. But I wanted to share my episode of DESIRE on U2 X-Radio!

I grew up with a stutter and when I found U2, I found my voice. Here's a link to the full show that was broadcast in 2021:

https://vimeo.com/513570364

Thanks for listening to my U2 story, and I'd love to hear yours...any other episodes of DESIRE out there?
  4. Has there been anything new on this lately? Or is it very much still repeats?
  5. Adam just did a track by track Pop Anniversary Special. It was really good and should be on app if you want to stream it. Some new insight and fun stories.
  6. My favorite show on U2X radio is Close to the Edge. All of his interviews are good but my personal best are the Flea interview and his interview with Beck. The Edge seems to be really excited talking about music; hopefully his enthusiasm will carry over into making new music for the new album.
  7. Originally posted by LostSailor:My favorite show on U2X radio is Close to the Edge. All of his interviews are good but my personal best are the Flea interview and his interview with Beck. The Edge seems to be really excited talking about music; hopefully his enthusiasm will carry over into making new music for the new album.
    I get the impression Edge is always quite excited about making new music. I think all the band enjoy it but I’d say when it comes to releasing it Bono seems to be the most excited but actually creating it Edge is more into, releasing maybe is the part he doesn’t enjoy so much and by that I mean once it’s released that’s it out there. I think he enjoys editing and mixing songs so having to settle on a final version is maybe tough. I guess that’s where the live shows then start to become exciting where he can make further tweaks
  8. Originally posted by TonyC:Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this inquiry. I really enjoyed the Matthew McConaughey Plays U2 show on U2X on Sirius radio and was disappointed to see that it is no longer in the archive (as far as I can see). Does anyone have a recording of the show that they could share? It was a lot of fun to hear McConaughey listen and comment on his favorite U2 songs.

I'm looking for this too! I remember him going buck wild over Rattle and Hum and I really want to hear it again....
  9. John Mayer launching a Sirius channel. Just the SEVEN full live and unreleased shows for launch week.
  10. Johns has launched. It is hideously good. A full soundboard of a legendary show aired on day 2. The man himself is doing hours in the studio to host it himself and has already put out unreleased acoustic and demo versions of songs.

Unreleased material and at least another six live shows due soon. Legitimately making his channel a new medium.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:Johns has launched. It is hideously good. A full soundboard of a legendary show aired on day 2. The man himself is doing hours in the studio to host it himself and has already put out unreleased acoustic and demo versions of songs.

Unreleased material and at least another six live shows due soon. Legitimately making his channel a new medium.
    Listened last night on trip back home for couple hours and the Ny show from 2019 was great.
    Why u2 doesn’t do anything like this is a head scratcher. So much missed opportunity for them.