1. I'm drawing a blank - What shows did U2 play in 1984/1985 which has the album guitar riff on Pride? I know I've heard it before, but I can't find it anywhere.
  2. Originally posted by efcar98:I'm drawing a blank - What shows did U2 play in 1984/1985 which has the album guitar riff on Pride? I know I've heard it before, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Hmmm... every show where Pride was played?
  3. Are you perhaps referring to a gig where Pride was played live in its original key?

I'm not an expert but hasn't that only happened once before? I can't remember where the performance took place.
  4. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Are you perhaps referring to a gig where Pride was played live in its original key?

I'm not an expert but hasn't that only happened once before? I can't remember where the performance took place.
    I don't think that's the case. And if it is, it's probably a recording glitch (aka the bootleg running too fast, which increases the pitch). Some Rattle And Hum rips suffer from that problem, with most songs "sounding" one semitone up while they were actually played –as usual– in Eb tuning by the band.

If it really happened and they strangely played it in the original B major key and E standard tuning, it must have been a one-off at an event or something. Never in a regular tour environment.
  5. Yeah, I could have sworn I saw a performance years ago, they played Pride and Trip Through Your Wires at a promotion gig of some sort. Pride begins with a hilarious mess up from the band and Larry gets really frustrated.

It could well be the pitching thing though!
  6. Old Grey Whistle Test 1987

7. Bingo. This is the only performance I know of that has them playing it on the key of the album version, and I don't believe it's sped up based on the rest of the bootleg.
  8. Aha! I'm glad I wasn't imagining things!

Bono sounds amazing but it's a bit of a shaky performance. That false start and the awkward pause afterwards...eesh!
  9. Ha, they were drunk that night. The only way Bono could sing it in B... and Edge could play it on a Les Paul instead of a Strat!