2018-06-21 - Boston
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 1
  1. I think between them being surprised at how well received TJT 2017 Tour was coupled with the obvious breakthrough with SOE, they have a way forward forever. Celebrate your most monumental albums when the timing comes around, and make new music when you want to. Release it to the fans that care and have been patient. Their happier now than they've ever been it seems..
  2. Originally posted by cbanksy9:I honestly think they've hit their renaissance. They know their place in music history, they believe in their abilities like no other time in their career, their actually having fun right now - which for fans is THE most important thing. I think they'll do new music more often now to be honest, or more than they intended going into the last year. I don't see the caring as much about hits like they have because like with this album, they literally have a half dozen songs that will NEVER age. I still think Love is bigger is one of their greatest outputs since being a band. And they know it..

You were doing well there until you mentioned Love is bigger being their greatest output .
  3. Originally posted by Timk68:This narrative thing, it struck me they or certainly Bono seems to be in a race against time to get it all out there. Will be interesting after this tour how quickly we get songs of ascent plus the farewell tour.
    I don't think they'll continue like the Stones have for example
    This is the farewell tour by all accounts .
  4. ...Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, Hedgehog, 13 (There Is A Light)
    What's this about
  5. If this is a farewell tour, then it needs to go down as the worst in history
  6. Still baffled by lack of variation compared to IE..
  7. Hedgehog??
  8. The version of Hedgehog is the best I've heard. Drums are amazing.
  9. I'm not coming from a perspective of sonic experimentation, or chart success - but hearing it live and seeing people react to it, the message it holds, is absolutely one of their greatest outputs. There's a reason their putting it in streets place with the red lighting atmosphere, it might not be as BIG as streets, but for them it's just as important right now.
  10. I went to the second night. What a show! The setlist works better when you hear it live then on the recordings. The only downside was they should have played Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses since they love Boston so much!