1. Originally posted by cookoman:[..]
    I'm pretty confident Crumbs From Your Table is played with hot rods. The share sound is just a little softer than I think you'd get from a stick.

Also Lights of Home is a combo of a mallet for the first part of the song and sticks for the second half. The BBC srssion and Berlin DVD are good visual examples.
    That's a good shout actually about Crumbs From Your Table. And yeah, you're right about Lights of Home too. Now that's got me thinking about what other songs Larry uses mallets for haha. Off the top of my head, I can think of the live version of North and South of the River, some live versions of Running To Stand Still (on the Vertigo Tour and JT 2017 and JT 2019 tours), I Believe in Father Christmas, The Troubles and 13 (There Is A Light). There might be a few more though.
  2. I can hear it in Scarlet
  3. Originally posted by hello:[..]
    [image]
    Yeah, I think he must have switched from the brushes to the sticks during the "sha la la la" section, but sadly you don't see him doing it in the video haha. The image I've attached shows two screenshots from the same performance of Love Rescue Me. On the left, you can see the brushes Larry uses for most of the song while on the right you can see him using standard sticks for the bigger sounding "I said love..." part onwards.
    Really cool stuff mate I love this attention to detail. More often than not us Edge geeks forget there's other musicians in the band and they have their own idiosyncrasy haha. Thanks for the info!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Really cool stuff mate I love this attention to detail. More often than not us Edge geeks forget there's other musicians in the band and they have their own idiosyncrasy haha. Thanks for the info!!
    I'm glad you appreciate it
  5. He used mallets for The Saints Are Coming when playing with Green Day at the halftime show during the football game
  6. Oh yeah, that's right. I'd forgotten about that.
  7. Also, I think Larry used a mallet in his right hand and a standard stick in his left hand when the band played Springhill Mining Disaster.
  8. Just came across this new video featuring some of Larry's most iconic beats:
  9. OMG, the ASOH drum breakdown is fucking amazing. I'm going to bookmark this as a reference for the next time someone tells me Larry is a mediocre drummer. Thanks a lot for sharing
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    OMG, the ASOH drum breakdown is fucking amazing. I'm going to bookmark this as a reference for the next time someone tells me Larry is a mediocre drummer. Thanks a lot for sharing
    In no way is he a mediocre drummer. If you hired a studio/session drummer , they’d never come up with drum parts like SBS, streets, pride, one etc.. His approach is incredibly unique.
  11. quick and very stupid question: how do drummers don’t “break” their hands? i’ve been playing drum randomly for fun at home but when i do my hands literally start to get so many calluses in my hands and sometimes even blood. what should i do?
  12. Originally posted by thalloween:quick and very stupid question: how do drummers don’t “break” their hands? i’ve been playing drum randomly for fun at home but when i do my hands literally start to get so many calluses in my hands and sometimes even blood. what should i do?
    Try and hold the sticks as loosely as possible the stick should be able to slide through your hands if it’s not you’re gripping too tightly as the tighter the grip particularly if you’re playing with force will keep damaging the hands.