1. Since there's a guitar topic on the forum, I thought I'd make one for any drummers on the forum to use (if there are any). Feel free to start discussions both related and unrelated to U2.
  2. You could probably link that Yahmah video here.
  3. Does anyone know what type of snare Larry used during the Achtung Baby/Zoo TV era? I’ve always found that very tightly tuned snare to be a really cool sound. Never heard anything like it from Larry or any other drummer
  4. Originally posted by Release3:Does anyone know what type of snare Larry used during the Achtung Baby/Zoo TV era? I’ve always found that very tightly tuned snare to be a really cool sound. Never heard anything like it from Larry or any other drummer
    I'm fairly sure it was a Brady 12 x 7" Sheoak snare. He's been a staple client of Brady for some time.

http://u2-atomic-larry-gear.tripod.com/id49.html
  5. Very cool, thanks! Just such a great sound, almost like he’s hitting Metal it’s tuned so tightly. His snare on 360 was probably the tightest it’s been since the early 90s, but even that isn’t even close. Just listen to Sunday Bloody Sunday from Washington or Dirty Days intro in Sydney.
  6. He went for a synth-metallic sound to fit the dystopian theme of ZooTV. Lars Ulrich tried a very distinctive sound in the 90's or 00's and some fans were outraged. See St. Anger album.
  7. I thought Larry's sound was almost overkill but fitted the new vibe of the tour.
  8. #dramaticsnarerebirths
  9. I wish I had the ear or the knowledge to know what you guys are talking about. I still enjoy reading your discussion
  10. It's interesting to hear how U2's music and Larry's drumming has had an influence on Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters. Taylor speaks briefly about Larry at 32:58 in this interview from last year. Also, at 40:16, he mentions that he used to play along to The Unforgettable Fire and October in his early drumming days.

11. Originally posted by hello:It's interesting to hear how U2's music and Larry's drumming has had an influence on Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters. Taylor speaks briefly about Larry at 32:58 in this interview from last year. Also, at 40:16, he mentions that he used to play along to The Unforgettable Fire and October in his early drumming days.

[YouTube Video]
    I've had this tab open in my Chrome browser for 3 months and finally got to watch it. Very interesting, thanks a lot for this It's always great to see a musician you like talking about the musicians he likes, and even better because most of them coincide with yours You can tell Taylor has a broad and great taste in music. Love his passion for Stewart Copeland.