1. American Soul was recorder with a goPro in "The Edge's" guitar. Maybe it will appear as an extra bonus in the DVD.
    Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    The only song I wished they kept for the set in Europe was American Soul. I know why they replaced it for obvious reasons but I think it sounded great live.
  2. It’s almost criminal that nothing from pop has been played in 18 years except SATS, and a couple rounds of discotheque in 05. Mofo, Please, Gone and LNOE are all incredible live songs! Instead, we’ll just keep getting BD at every gig.

Ugh, BD... the low light of any show, for me. I was never that enamored with it, but it became a big hit so I thought whatever, that’s cool. It’s the song that is most responsible for U2 getting a 2nd wind... they wouldn’t be here without it most likely, and I get that. But whenever they start playing it, I’m already waiting for it to be over.
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:It’s almost criminal that nothing from pop has been played in 18 years except SATS, and a couple rounds of discotheque in 05. Mofo, Please, Gone and LNOE are all incredible live songs! Instead, we’ll just keep getting BD at every gig.

Ugh, BD... the low light of any show, for me. I was never that enamored with it, but it became a big hit so I thought whatever, that’s cool. It’s the song that is most responsible for U2 getting a 2nd wind... they wouldn’t be here without it most likely, and I get that. But whenever they start playing it, I’m already waiting for it to be over.
    I believe Last night on earth & Gone would sound great live. I'd also love a Do you feel loved arrangement, it's just such a perfect song. Staring at the sun is definitely one of their best songs, but one POP song that is criminally underplayed and overlooked from the band is Please. I cannot understand why Please isn't a live staple. It's one of their best ever songs, Edge's solo in the end is heavenly, I'm sure it would be a great fit in their ie / ei narratives & it could also work in the JT tours for sure. If only they realized what a fucking brilliant, awesome tune they have written.
  4. Gone hasn't been played in over 18 years.
  5. Its a wonder to me that Beautuful Day, Vertigo and Elevation have had such a lasting impact on the band. Absolutely, they were big hits nearly twenty years ago, but everything else has been rested, so what’s the deal here? I suspect that Bono just likes singing them, and they’ve never thought they had some newer poprock songs to repace them.
    Mofo/Gone/Please/Lemon. That’ll do for the Innocent Experience Tour in 2040.
  6. They’re the upbeat hits from the last 20 years. They could replace them but everything else that was big in that time was midtempo at best. Maybe they just like having fun playing them
  7. I’m afraid Vertigo, Beautiful day and Elevation are must have concert staples, to die hard fans I can understand we would love to hear some more of the rare songs. when I look at Joshua tree tour set list I didn’t think it works in stadium shows. First part amazing but from side two of album just loses the bulk of audience after such good start and then needs vertigo n beaut to pick it back up. Would love to see them do more shows like Apollo. Or like the stones done when they played stadiums arenas n theatres on anniversary tour with different set list for each.
  8. Please no more anniversary tours,you cant recreate the magic of the originals.
  9. Except when an entire generation and a half has passed and video improvements.