1. if elevation tour have 2 DVD's, IE & EI tour is cool have 2 DVD's too, the question is that nobody watch DVD's like 5-10 years ago, is only a collector's item, but yes, i prefer a live audio compilation, since the band abandoned that idea in the U22 I have no hope that there will be anything like that again, so i only have to rip the DVD audio
  2. and to have Acrobat on DVD is not bad thing either...
  3. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    What if it was from your hometown ? I mean say Madrid, Lisbon, Berlin, Belfast... There will still be fans that buy it wherever it was filmed. It's actually a very conceptual show with a very choreographed performance, I hope you get to a show if you haven't.

If it was a show I personally was at I'd obviously buy it for sentimental reasons, then watch it once and shelve it for good like every other official release*. Otherwise I don't care if it's recorded in my hometown or ten thousand miles away - my lack of interest is exactly the same.

I will go to a show in exactly 3 months time from today. And I am counting the days, of course. They're still the band of my life. I'm just overly disappointed by the over-recycling and lack of variation in the show.

*I unashamedly admit I haven't watched Rose Bowl nor Paris'15 in full, only bits and pieces from either show. Their modern video releases just don't do it for me, I'd MUCH RATHER see a good audience video recording, even from just one camera, than another Hamish Dizzylton over-edit.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

If it was a show I personally was at I'd obviously buy it for sentimental reasons, then watch it once and shelve it for good like every other official release*. Otherwise I don't care if it's recorded in my hometown or ten thousand miles away - my lack of interest is exactly the same.

I will go to a show in exactly 3 months time from today. And I am counting the days, of course. They're still the band of my life. I'm just overly disappointed by the over-recycling and lack of variation in the show.

*I unashamedly admit I haven't watched Rose Bowl nor Paris'15 in full, only bits and pieces from either show. Their modern video releases just don't do it for me, I'd MUCH RATHER see a good audience video recording, even from just one camera, than another Hamish Dizzylton over-edit.
    I find it weird that Hamish directed the Paris dvd and Slane. Like I said before, Slane is probably my favourite official dvd release - there's just something magic about it. It feels like a movie.
  5. The DVD's are good as a document but then of course there are so many shows that go unfilmed.

I would hope that they at least change up the angles on the "innocence suite' of SBS, CW & Iris. They were documented well enough during Paris. Paris was special because of the surrounding events. How that month between Nov 10 and Dec 10 went down in Paris and U2 land was so unpredictable. I think those events are one of the top 3 story lines in U2 history.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Well, give it a chance, and I hope you enjoy the show, sometimes following along on Mixlr or setlist parties skews your opinion before you have the chance to experience it for yourself. I think you may change your mind at least a little once you see the show in person. If not, I still respect your opinion, I would also like to see a bit of variation but when you see the concert you will see there isn't much room to rotate anything. Also, for those that think the show is static, I would listen to an IEM, just listen to how much stuff is going on. It is a big production to bring U2 to your town, lighting, sound, etc. The show again is a visual piece as it is a musical performance.

7. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    Well, give it a chance, and I hope you enjoy the show, sometimes following along on Mixlr or setlist parties skews your opinion before you have the chance to experience it for yourself. I think you may change your mind at least a little once you see the show in person. If not, I still respect your opinion, I would also like to see a bit of variation but when you see the concert you will see there isn't much room to rotate anything. Also, for those that think the show is static, I would listen to an IEM, just listen to how much stuff is going on. It is a big production to bring U2 to your town, lighting, sound, etc. The show again is a visual piece as it is a musical performance.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'll probably enjoy my 4 shows to the max – you never know when will be your last time in front of your favorite band. You have to enjoy each and every one of them thoroughly.

That being said, if I want to see a visual piece I go to the theatre or to the cinema I go to a concert of my favorite music band to mostly listen to music that I enjoy. I don't want music to be just a 50% of the experience, I want it to be the core , the main part of the experience.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'll probably enjoy my 4 shows to the max – you never know when will be your last time in front of your favorite band. You have to enjoy each and every one of them thoroughly.

That being said, if I want to see a visual piece I go to the theatre or to the cinema I go to a concert of my favorite music band to mostly listen to music that I enjoy. I don't want music to be just a 50% of the experience, I want it to be the core , the main part of the experience.
    No doubt, that may be also what is skewing your opinion, you are seeing 4 shows, I would not expect much if any variation, really 1-2 shows is all that is needed unless they really switch things around in EU / UK, which is possible.

Due to health, age and just in general... I saw my last show in Nashville, I just can't afford the prices, I have seen a show every tour since 1987... I want to remember them in my own way.

I think you will enjoy yourself, the visuals really go along with the audio, that is why you need to see it in person, it works well. U2 do the show and they do the business, that is "SHOW BUSINESS"
  9. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    No doubt, that may be also what is skewing your opinion, you are seeing 4 shows, I would not expect much if any variation, really 1-2 shows is all that is needed unless they really switch things around in EU / UK, which is possible.

Due to health, age and just in general... I saw my last show in Nashville, I just can't afford the prices, I have seen a show every tour since 1987... I want to remember them in my own way.

I think you will enjoy yourself, the visuals really go along with the audio, that is why you need to see it in person, it works well. U2 do the show and they do the business, that is "SHOW BUSINESS"
    Yeah, I read about your last show. I am really happy that you enjoyed it and really thankful for all you've contributed to the U2 community in these years. And of course I wouldn't try to change your mind and make you think the show sucks/sucked - GOD FORBID! Sorry if I sounded that way to you.

10. I watch a U2 DVD every so often... I try to not watch the same one twice in a row, depends on my mood which one I watch really, so when I buy the E&I DVD I'll watch it once but then it might be 2/3 years before I watch it again...

11. At least once a year, I watch about 4 or 5 shows.
    I really like Boston'01 and Red Rocks'83. They are my favorites.
    About Paris'15, I bought BluDisk and watched it only once.