1. Me three. Not knowing if they would record the show or not due to similarity to I+E (and not sure if I+E was really only filmed due to the HBO broadcast), I captured one of my full shows on my phone (yes held the camera for two hours). I’ve watched bits and pieces a few times now similar to watching other officially released shows. Good filler on flights or distraction on the treadmill ?
  2. I think the show is sufficiently different from I&E to justify a dvd. Would be nice to have a more "simplified" dvd with less production, I can't stand it when it jumps between shots every 2 seconds.
  3. what are the concerts filmed for the tour?
    I hope there are other concerts than Berlin?
    they didn't film any concerts in Dublin?
  4. Dublin was average compared to Berlin.
  5. They filmed the DC shows on the first leg and the Berlin show with full production. Obviously there is video of every single show. But the non-production shows would probably never be released officially/complete.
  6. Excuse me, but we blew the roof off in Berlin, Though Dublin is hometown and might be special for other reasons, they played half of Achtung Baby in the city where Achtung Baby was born. No doubt this finale tops everything with a band on fire and an audience so loud and energetic - but it's hard to see that, if you didn't witness it!

Still I have my doubts the release will do that show the deserved justice. Since I actually been to that show, of course I will buy it. But I will only probably watch it a handful times. It still might not show what my memory looks like - a multicam I cut myself will do that.
    I will not buy the TJT dvd.

I've only seen partial of 360 and i+e DVD, that were shown on TV here, and seeing them I always think "right, that's why you never watch these!"
    None of their official releases ever gets me. I prefer nice bootlegs and multicams that are REAL in fact (no polished audio, no cut out mistakes etc.) and really show what actually happened during the concert. I do like the raw HBO streams of Paris for that reason a lot!
    (did anybody else realize they show the exact same audience shot several times on the 360 dvd? that is really stupid....)

I'm quite happy they pulled off the i+e part finally, it wouldn't have sold the dvd, because it's already on another release, same songs, same screen work - casuals wouldn't buy it if they already bought Paris. Berlin is completely different now and that will sell quite a few more of them.
  7. I think Rose Bowl 360 was the low for U2 video releases. It'll be interesting to see how they use what was recorded- hopefully a nice, seamless production versus a slice-and-dice mashup of shows.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_Room:They filmed the DC shows on the first leg and the Berlin show with full production. Obviously there is video of every single show. But the non-production shows would probably never be released officially/complete.
    then we willn't see the best performances on DVD
  9. So Bono misses his cue on the final chorus in The Fly and it's a disaster!!

The night was truly special, from both performance and crowd response point of view. I really hope the DVD/Blu-ray will give the show justice. Not the other way around.