1. Originally posted by MattG:After the Cape Cod set, I can definitely see them swapping out American Soul for SOL, but there's no chance they'll be in the same position. Going from acoustic section to Pride back to Summer of Love is just a weird vibe for the show.

I could see acoustic Best Thing swapped for Summer of Love, and American Soul swapped for electric Best Thing.
    Probably much more realistic than the suggestions I made . I hope it happens for the European fans.
  2. I think it's pretty clear the narrative, video and politics need to change for Europe. Summer of Love and videos of European refugees seem to need to find a place in the narrative. I'm hoping they keep Staring at the Sun, but not sure they can. Paris and Milan should have some rather one offs, with the four shows. I don't see how you do American Soul, with the US flag, in Europe. "This is not America...this is America" needs to go, but it's easy to replace America with Europe. Frankly, when you have Mick Jagger getting political in Warsaw, they need to address the European disintegration / nationalism. If Mick's doing politics, well, that says something.
  3. Originally posted by Turkued:I think it's pretty clear the narrative, video and politics need to change for Europe. Summer of Love and videos of European refugees seem to need to find a place in the narrative. I'm hoping they keep Staring at the Sun, but not sure they can. Paris and Milan should have some rather one offs, with the four shows. I don't see how you do American Soul, with the US flag, in Europe. "This is not America...this is America" needs to go, but it's easy to replace America with Europe. Frankly, when you have Mick Jagger getting political in Warsaw, they need to address the European disintegration / nationalism. If Mick's doing politics, well, that says something.
    Do you think they'll replace the USA flag with the EU flag?

Thankfully i'm GA for Berlin, so will be able to check, I have a seat for London 1 but nothing for London 2 yet, was considering getting ticket behind the stage but was put off the idea with the flag obstructing my view.
  4. I hope for a lot of changes. I can not judge about being at a E&I show, Amsterdam1 for me.

My opinion as an U2 fan who listens to a u2 concert every week for many years, is that the E&I tour is a boring tour.

I quickly lose my attention while listening. Mabye because for me SOE is a average U2 album.

The opening songs are interesting, but after LOH, the automatic pilot is on, the SOI part deserves more.

Acrobat is the highlight. GOOYOW/American soul is better than expected.
    The intermissions are a waste of time.

The encore is quite weak, it needs a big bang, missing Streets. 13 as a closer is a ok.

Missing the best songs of SOE.

Nothing wrong with the concept, I like the stage and the smaller indoor venues, but please guys, SOME MORE ROTATION!!
  5. Lights Of Home played like album's version
    the electric co. or an cat dub/into the heart in place of I Will Follow
    red flag day be more played than Gloria
    change the IE section, with raised by wolves and california
    Sunday Bloody Sunday electric full version
    You're The Best Thing About Me Full band
    change Pride (In the Name of Love) for bad, all i want is you
    13 (There Is A Light) for the little things that give you away
  6. WILD HORSES
  7. A lot of changes here but I'd be happy with just one of them happening - firstly play more songs!! Playing 27 on opening night and then 24 fot r the rest of the leg is a poor show - then put Wolves back in; it flows better into UTEOTW than going straight from SBS, then I love the ending to UTEOTW, so either keep that or rotate Wild Horses and NYD after it, put in the October-Bullet run after SATS and put Please after Bullet, dropping Best Thing, then maybe add another JT song, Streets or ISHFWILF into the encore - I think it's stupid to not play any JT songs just for the sake of it. I'd also move Love Is Bigger to end the main set; I don't think it works well at the end of the show - it leaves you wanting more and 13 doesn't quite cut it for me; keep it as the closer but it cuts the energy right down after Love Is Bigger (on a side note I would pledge to never ever complain about anything ever again if it meant a guarantee they'd play Love is Blindness)
  8. If I went to a show in europe where they didn't change anything except for bringing wild horses back I would die a happy girl. If they only played wild horses I wouldn't even mind actually haha
  9. The fact they’ve played wild horses then dropped it then played it at the Apollo show makes me think pretty strongly the band don’t think it fits the E&I shows. They might do it as a bit of a one off again somewhere but I would be surprised to see it appear again.
  10. I mean, they need room for the hits - there aren't that many in this setlist! Only I Will Follow, Gloria, Beautiful Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Until the End of the World, Elevation, Vertigo, Desire, Pride, City of Blinding Lights, and One! Imagine how turned off everyone in the arena would be if they played a mere single off of their most critically acclaimed album!

11. 1. Love Is All We Have Left
    2. The Blackout
    3. Lights of Home
    4. Gloria/I Will Follow/Out Of Control/Two Hearts Beat As One/Electric Co.
    5. You're The Best Thing About Me
    6. All Because Of You/Magnificent/California/Miracle Drug
    7. Beautiful Day
    8. The Ocean
    9. Iris
    10. Cedarwood Road
    11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    12. Until The End Of The World

13. Zooropa
    14. Elevation
    15. Vertigo
    16. Acrobat