1. With a lot of people complaining about the E&I Tour having the same shows every night, I thought I'd look back on all the concerts I've been to over the years to see what unique experiences I've had that separated my shows from others. Seems I've been to some pretty cool shows over the years. Below are some of the "Firsts, Lasts and Unique" experiences I've been to. What are yours?

ZooTV Tour:
    8/12/1992 - Last full band electric performance of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses until 28 May 2005.
    8/13/1992 - New Year's Day replaces Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses as the song into which Until The End Of The World segues.

Vertigo Tour:
    5/14/2005 - Nothing Special

10/16/2005 - Nothing special from other shows, although for me it had Fast Cars

360 Tour:
    9/23/2009 - This concert was originally scheduled for 25 September 2009 and was only announced after strong ticket sales for the show on the 24th of September. It was moved to the 23rd so that the stadium would be free to host a rescheduled New York Jets game.

During Muse's opening set, frontman Matthew Bellamy plays a snippet of U2's The Fly at the start of Uprising.

U2 change the setlist position of No Line On The Horizon: previously always second in the 360° Tour setlist, it is played tenth while Magnificent slots in at second. Breathe returns as the opener after missing the previous gig entirely. Unknown Caller misses a 360° Tour gig for only the third time. It's Bruce Springsteen's birthday, and although he does not join U2 on stage, the band play a medley of his song She's The One and their own Desire early in the main set; due to technical limitations, Desire is listed as a snippet. This is Desire's first appearance on the second leg, nearly two months since it was last played.

I&E Tour:

7/18/2015 - First performance of October since 11 November 1989.

7/22/2015 - Jimmy Fallon joined U2 for Desire and The Roots joined U2 for Angel Of Harlem. The Stephen Hawking video that had preceded all previous IE Tour performances of City Of Blinding Lights (and Miracle Drug, on the two occasions that song was performed in place of City Of Blinding Lights) was moved to precede Beautiful Day at the start of the encore.

Joshua Tree Tour:

5/24/2017 - Nothing Special

6/18/2017 - Tour debut of Mysterious Ways

6/28/2017 - Nothing Special

6/29/2017 - Nothing Special

E&I Tour:

6/13/2018 - My first ever live viewing of Gloria

6/25/2018 - Nothing Special

6/26/2018 - Nothing Special

6/29/2018 - Nothing Special
  2. 360 tour

04/10/11, Sao Paulo: first time Zooropa was played in full, I believe 4th time ever.

JT tour

10/25/18 - Daniel Lanois singing mothers of the disappeared on the last show of the tour was pretty special too

3. Joshua Tree

4/29/87 - Springhill Mining Disaster. Nobody knew what they were playing. Bono told someone to stop whistling because he’s not in the Beatles.

10/30/87 - Helter Skelter and Spanish Eyes. Which was one og my favorite JT B-sides.

ZooTv

9/18/92 - Slow Dancing.

360 Tour

9/13/09 - first time Your Blue Room was played

7/5/11 - They finished the show with a suprising One Tree Hill. It was the 25th anniversary of Greg Carroll’s death. About 80% of the crowd didn’t even know the song or how special it was. Sad.
  4. Neat idea!

360 Tour
    7/14/2011 - Last time I Will Follow was played as 2nd song of the night, it's signature position. Only 360 concert since Anaheim 2 not to feature The Fly.

e+i Tour
    6/17/2018 - First time I heard songs from R&H, Pop, SOI, SOE live, meaning I've now heard one song from every album!

5. You have also witnessed the last performances ever of all songs from The Joshua Tree!
  6. Nice thread!

Mine are few
    - June 11th 2017: my first show ever, first show to be closed with Vertigo since 2006-12-04
    - June 25th 2018: only time Born This Way has been snippeted in Vertigo and first time Vertigo has been snippeted in Acrobat lol
    - June 26th 2018: first Landlady snippet in a month I guess? Lol. Otherwise nothing else
  7. Originally posted by DerBFreund:Nice thread!

Mine are few
    - June 11th 2017: my first show ever, first show to be closed with Vertigo since 2006-12-04
    - June 25th 2018: only time Born This Way has been snippeted in Vertigo and first time Vertigo has been snippeted in Acrobat lol
    - June 26th 2018: first Landlady snippet in a month I guess? Lol. Otherwise nothing else
    I was at both the June 25 and 26th shows. Didn’t realize those snippets. Cool to know.
  8. Originally posted by raynman009:Joshua Tree

4/29/87 - Springhill Mining Disaster. Nobody knew what they were playing. Bono told someone to stop whistling because he’s not in the Beatles.

10/30/87 - Helter Skelter and Spanish Eyes. Which was one og my favorite JT B-sides.

ZooTv

9/18/92 - Slow Dancing.

360 Tour

9/13/09 - first time Your Blue Room was played

7/5/11 - They finished the show with a suprising One Tree Hill. It was the 25th anniversary of Greg Carroll’s death. About 80% of the crowd didn’t even know the song or how special it was. Sad.
    4/29/87 was my first silver bootleg. 150F from a record shop in Rennes.
  9. I know. Cried like a baby :/

Also, special for me: being the only person not in front row to get a pick from dallas after I told him to keep telling the boys to play God Part II and also getting the setlist from newark last week (same setlist as basically the whole tour but still made me super happy)
  10. Originally posted by marianarielli:[..]
    I know. Cried like a baby :/

Also, special for me: being the only person not in front row to get a pick from dallas after I told him to keep telling the boys to play God Part II and also getting the setlist from newark last week (same setlist as basically the whole tour but still made me super happy)
    Wow! That's really something special!
  11. Cool idea.

360:
    -9/12/09: my first U2 show, the start of the NA leg of the tour, the only time Bad was played on that leg. I loved all of it.
    -6/26/11: First and last time I’ve been “front row” on the rail. Still light out when the band started playing...hearing the four AB songs to start and then Stay, Zooropa, HMTMKMKM - those sets were fantastic.
    -7/5/11: One Tree Hill to end, and a snippet of Tryin to Throw Your Arms during Mysterious Ways. Awesome.

I&E:
    -6/28/15: Tour debut of Gloria and bonus of All I Want is You.
    -6/29/15: The Crystal Ballroom! And a hilarious rendition of The Sweetest Thing.

TJT2017:
    -6/3/17: i finally got to hear New Year’s Day. I Will Follow to end the show = the only time I’ve ever seen U2 end with a real rocker.
    -7/1/17: Hearing MW with the slide solo.
    -9/3/17: Patti Smith featured on MOTD...

E&I:
    -5/23/18: ACROBAT. SATS.
    -6/26/18: See above, plus the hype of being at MSG.

Fun to relive some memories!
  12. 5/12/97- My first show, and my first and last Mofo, LNOE, Velvet Dress and Miami. Some drunk guy ran onstage during Bullet and tried to hand Bono crack cocaine .

4/3/2001- First Desire of Elevation, impromptu. This was an early Elevation show, so The Fly, Discotheque and Gone were all in.

11/25/2001- Second In God's Country since the JT tour. They had played it at the previous show in Phoenix and kept it in. And my first Out of Control!

10/29/2005 (Dallas, I may be a day off on the date)- First Angel of Harlem of Vertigo with an audience member to boot! My first time getting a Zooropa song live, The First Time. The previous day in Houston Bono signed my map to the Joshua Tree . Honestly, the album didn't impress me and the shows were a bore with the band rehashing Elevation but with none of the feeling. Just empty gestures for fans brought in by the fucking iPod commercials.

5/31/2006- U2 related. I find the Joshua Tree just outside of Death Valley on my first trip to the Mojave. This was before the site was widely publicized, and only the plaque, two rock art pieces and a small tube with the register were present.

10/18/2009- AHA! The U2 I remember and love were back! Unknown Caller returns after missing a bunch of shows, as does In a Little While. The show that restored my faith in the band after 2005!

5/25/2017- Holy fuck. All of the J Tree stuff I never thought I would hear, along with a revamped 2nd encore of BD/Elevation/IWF. It was funny watching places I have been to a million times in the desert. Streets has hwy 190 just outside of Darwin, WOWY has Zabriskie etc.

Oh, one word. EXIT.

5/2/2018- ACROBAT! SATS! WILD HORSES!