2018-08-31 - Berlin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1

1. I've put them on the wall going up the stairs to my small man cave area.

The E+I tour lives on!
  2. I just noticed another snippet right before "Acrobat". It's a little melody without lyrics, sung by Bono. He's qouting a famous recording by Ella Fitzgerald, "How High The Moon" recorded "Live in Berlin" in 1960. The melody however is not How High The Moon, it's something Ella apparently snippeted as well.
    Anybody got a clue about where that Ella snippet is from?
  3. Originally posted by Papo:I just noticed another snippet right before "Acrobat". It's a little melody without lyrics, sung by Bono. He's qouting a famous recording by Ella Fitzgerald, "How High The Moon" recorded "Live in Berlin" in 1960. The melody however is not How High The Moon, it's something Ella apparently snippeted as well.
    Wow that is obscure
  4. Originally posted by Papo:I just noticed another snippet right before "Acrobat". It's a little melody without lyrics, sung by Bono. He's qouting a famous recording by Ella Fitzgerald, "How High The Moon" recorded "Live in Berlin" in 1960. The melody however is not How High The Moon, it's something Ella apparently snippeted as well.
    Considering it was sung in his role of MacPhisto, the melody might also be meant as a (real or improvised) WW1-style military march.
  5. Not that obscure, as that "Live in Berlin" by Ella Fitzgerald is one of the greatest live recordings ever released. "How high the moon" ends in a wonderful wild improvisation with a whole lot of snippets. There's a list of all the snippets online somewhere, I saw it a few years ago. Will try to find it again. That record is something I put on when I need something really uplifting. Check it out!
  6. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    Not that obscure, as that "Live in Berlin" by Ella Fitzgerald is one of the greatest live recordings ever released. "How high the moon" ends in a wonderful wild improvisation with a whole lot of snippets. There's a list of all the snippets online somewhere, I saw it a few years ago. Will try to find it again. That record is something I put on when I need something really uplifting. Check it out!
    I know Ella In Berlin pretty well

I don't know a list of all the snippets -and there's indeed a good few, as well as pure improvisations- but there's the obvious Ornithology by Charlie Parker, give it a try and see if it fits your (obscure, like it or not) Acrobat snippet
  7. It looks amazing SJ
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I know Ella In Berlin pretty well

I don't know a list of all the snippets -and there's indeed a good few, as well as pure improvisations- but there's the obvious Ornithology by Charlie Parker, give it a try and see if it fits your (obscure, like it or not) Acrobat snippet
    There's at least Ornithology, A-Tisket-A-Tasket, Smoke get's in your eyes (at the very end), Irish Washerwoman, Rhapsody in Blue….these are the one's I can remember and identify. I can't check it out here at work, but if memory serves me right, the snippet I am talking about is coming close to the end, when she improvises with some sort of "double voice", accompanied only by drums and a few bars before she starts singing "Away, away, away back home in Idaho"...

Can you give it a listen and check it, Sergio? Thanks.
  9. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    There's at least Ornithology, A-Tisket-A-Tasket, Smoke get's in your eyes (at the very end), Irish Washerwoman, Rhapsody in Blue….these are the one's I can remember and identify. I can't check it out here at work, but if memory serves me right, the snippet I am talking about is coming close to the end, when she improvises with some sort of "double voice", accompanied only by drums and a few bars before she starts singing "Away, away, away back home in Idaho"...

Can you give it a listen and check it, Sergio? Thanks.
    Well, you're well ahead of me I'm afraid I only knew Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and Irish Washerwoman, no clue of the rest. I'll listen and try to identify, but my guess is that you have more chances to know it lol