2018-08-31 - Berlin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. It was my 13th show and now the rescheduled one is on a 13th.....
  2. The show on the 13th is going to be my 13th show
  3. It is also gonna be my 13th show...on the 13th...ending with the song 13. Wow, now I am a bit scared
  4. I was born on Friday the 13th (not jokin)
  5. usually, 13 is a lucky number for me. Who knows what the cancellation will be any good for (next time I meet Edge???? without waiting another 3 years....)
  6. Originally posted by sparko:usually, 13 is a lucky number for me. Who knows what the cancellation will be any good for (next time I meet Edge???? without waiting another 3 years....)
    Did you wait 3 years in front of the hotel?
  7. I try to meet someone everytime I get somewhere. I met them at Popmart (except Adam). Until I met Bono in 2015 at the Waldorf, I wasn't lucky at all, they only passed by in cars (2011 Hotel & Hansa, 2014 Bambi Hotel, 2015 at the arena, in London I arrived about 30mins after Bono and Edge were at the Experience truck).

On Saturday, I met Adam finally and told him, I waited 21 years, thanking him for that. His face was funny in that moment, guess he was recapturing the fact, that must have been Popmart....

So, third try, third band member? (Larry is out, so that only leaves Edge then)
    Without that rescheduling, I would have had to wait for the next tour, because I do not have a 1000 tries on each tour like others.

I am now waiting since July 30, 1997 to see Edge again. So maybe that cancellation and another try in 2 months was .....destiny?
  8. Nice story, sparko. I am not patient enough to "wait" except for the concert. On thursday evening I was outside the arena and heard EBTTRT 3 times from the inside. It was very likely that someone would meet the fans when they would leave and The Edge really did. But I managed to be there for maybe 15 minutes, while the band left the arena hours later. On Friday I passed their hotel at about 11 a.m. and stopped by for 5 minutes. It was quite obvious it made no sense to wait - nobody would come out at 11 when they rehearsed till late at night.

The closest I ever got was in Berlin in 2009 when I was at the holocaust memorial and The Edge tweeted a picture from there maybe half an hour later. Now, I would really love such a lovely coincidence. I am not sure whether I would actually aproach him just like that. But it would be great. The last year in Amsterdam I passed their hotel several times and always stopped for like 5 minutes. The day after the concert I visited Anne Frank museum and later I read the The Edge was there in the afternoon....
  9. Just got the Eventim email about tickets transfer or cancellation.
  10. "You see Adam Clayton, look at that! You see Edge, wow! You see Larry, and you think: truth is not so far from here. But while we wait for it to arrive, we are united on our drug of choice. Is it the holy spirit? Chemicals? Alcohol? Maybe! But tonight it's YOU! YOU!"

Can't stop listening to his speeching in Even Better. The intro, the middle, so perfect.
  11. Originally posted by Remy:"You see Adam Clayton, look at that! You see Edge, wow! You see Larry, and you think: truth is not so far from here. But while we wait for it to arrive, we are united on our drug of choice. Is it the holy spirit? Chemicals? Alcohol? Maybe! But tonight it's YOU! YOU!"

Can't stop listening to his speeching in Even Better. The intro, the middle, so perfect.