2018-09-20 - Madrid
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1

1. The Experience and Innocence tour will hit Madrid, Spain.
    This topic is for all discussions pre, during and post-show!

Dates:
    2018-09-20 - Madrid, Spain - WiZink Center
    2018-09-21 - Madrid, Spain - WiZink Center

Will you be at any of the E+I shows? Click on the date, and then add yourself to the list of attendees.

Coverage from U2start
    We will be there as well represented by some crew members, and we'll provide you extensive coverage via Twitter and Instagram mainly, with some bigger updates through our Facebook. Make sure to follow us where you can

Other relevant topics
    We have a topic dedicated to the tour in general, with spoilers.
    And a general tour topic, spoiler free.
  2. This will be the first concerts in Madrid since 2005 and therefore quite special for us Madrilenians

The fact I'm planning to stay spoiler-free until Sept 20th is the reason why you aren't seeing me much around the boards lately.

Also, since I won't be checking the threads as I use to, I post this here with the hope somebody sees it: as of Sept 5th I'm still lacking 2 GAs for Madrid1 and 1 GA for Madrid2. I'm of course checking facebook, twitter and second hand websites - and also watching over Ticketmaster to see if there's any ticket drop, but any help (via PM please) if you hear something would be much appreciated Thanks in advance!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:This will be the first concerts in Madrid since 2005 and therefore quite special for us Madrilenians

The fact I'm planning to stay spoiler-free until Sept 20th is the reason why you aren't seeing me much around the boards lately.

Also, since I won't be checking the threads as I use to, I post this here with the hope somebody sees it: as of Sept 5th I'm still lacking 2 GAs for Madrid1 and 1 GA for Madrid2. I'm of course checking facebook, twitter and second hand websites - and also watching over Ticketmaster to see if there's any ticket drop, but any help (via PM please) if you hear something would be much appreciated Thanks in advance!
    I'm no longer in search of 2 GAs for Madrid1, I found them.

I'm still looking for 1 GA for Madrid2 though
  4. Have they played this arena before?
  5. Nope. THey haven't played any arena in Madrid so far, the 4 shows in this city have been all stadium shows (87, 93, 97, 05).
    (I'm excluding awards & similar non-tour shows).
  6. GA drop both shows.
  7. Thanks for this, Remy. Unfortunately I slept right through it Do you reckon there's gonna be another drop before the shows?
  8. Originally posted by Rockstar:[..]
    Thanks for this, Remy. Unfortunately I slept right through it Do you reckon there's gonna be another drop before the shows?
    Today there was another GA drop, not as abundant as on Friday but quite some dozens of tix dropped. Just refresh every few minutes every day and you'll be sorted.
  9. For everybody planning to head for Madrid and even trying to "meet and greet" the band before these concerts: Enjoy the shows, enjoy the narrative (how long this band will play for us nobody knows ...).
    And if you really like to have some changes within the given story frame and the fixed setlist slots - please stop moaning, stop complaining, stop being negative. YOU can do something: Ask Bono, ask The Edge, ask Adam, when you are that lucky to have the opportunity ask also Larry about a personal song request:
    - a great choice, like SPANISH EYES. Yes, even though it is from 1987, it is not on the TJT album. It has not been played in Europa at all in 2017. It has a live history deeply rooted with Madrid. And: It does fit the narrative (Ali!) perfectly. So give it a try as a full song request or even as a snippet request (for example in VERTIGO).
    - another option or even an addition to this: You may ask the band for obviously the best song or one of the best songs from SOE: THE LITTLE THINGS. In 2017 there were only a few performances in Europe. It does fit the storytelling about doubt, frustration and the light of hope perfectly. Even full or as a snippet (instead of Kraftwerk's HALL OF MIRRORS), let's give it also a try, folks! U2 have always been interested in thoughtful song requests by its audience.