2018-10-19 - Manchester
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Going to night 2. Travelling from the Outer Hebrides for this. Starting to sink in now and I can’t wait!

But just a thought, at the London, Manchester shows will they or should they be bringing out a UK Flag for New Year’s Day? Considering England voted for Brexit surely they wouldn’t be stupid enough to bring out a EU Flag?? I’d understand it if they came to Glasgow considering Scotland voted to remain?

Edit - I did mention Northern Ireland but forgot they voted remain.
  2. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:Going to night 2. Travelling from the Outer Hebrides for this. Starting to sink in now and I can’t wait!

But just a thought, at the London, Manchester and Belfast shows will they or should they be bringing out a UK Flag for New Year’s Day? Considering England and Northern Ireland voted for Brexit surely they wouldn’t be stupid enough to bring out a EU Flag?? I’d understand it if they came to Glasgow considering Scotland voted to remain?
    Northern Ireland voted remain as did London and Manchester. I don’t know what bearing that will have though on the bands decision making.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Northern Ireland voted remain as did London and Manchester. I don’t know what bearing that will have though on the bands decision making.
    So they did! Forgot Northern Ireland voted remain. My mistake. Even if they do a UK Flag, will that mean a change in song?
  4. Hard to second guess the band but I guess the flying of the uk flag and a song change isn’t out of the question. I would suggest maybe not in Northern Ireland though, the Union Jack would be pretty divisive there right?
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Hard to second guess the band but I guess the flying of the uk flag and a song change isn’t out of the question. I would suggest maybe not in Northern Ireland though, the Union Jack would be pretty divisive there right?
    Even in Manchester and London considering there’ll be a lot of Scottish folk down there
  6. The band have made their opinion clear and it's been both stated and inferred over the years that they don't give a shit about what other people think about their opinions, so I imagine they'll fly the massive EU flag and not car what the audience thinks - bound to get some diehard leavers who scream that "we voted to leave and they should respect us" and shout that they should leave their opinions at home but that's how the band rolls soooo.... they should suck it up (spot the remainer....)
  7. It’ll be the EU flag - more reasons to fly it in the UK than anywhere else as it’s on the verge of crashing out....
  8. The Union Jack is the national flag for all of Britain. That includes Scotland and remember that Scotland voted to remain part of the UK. The only folk that would be offended are those rabid yessers that cannot accept the result of the referendum.

I think they'll continue with the euro flag and New Year's Day and hopefully they will because this version sounds amazing and I really want to hear it live.
  9. It’s called the Union Flag.Can only be called the Union Jack when raised at sea.
  10. The EU flag will be at the show. If there is one place it needs to be up there, then that's in Manchester. Bono will have to suck up some criticism for it, but he'll gladly do so. Never shied away from controversy.

I'm still looking for one GA for each night. So if someone wants to sell, let me know pls
  11. Hi there. As we have a few people pulling out I'm left with some spares for Manchester night 1. I have 2 tickets together behind the stage block 219 paid £160 for both and also a single ticket in block 102 which cost £204. Will take less than face value if anyone is intrested
  12. Bring on the first night for me