2018-11-05 - Dublin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Yes of course my favorite band since 1983. But last 2 years more in a Springsteen mood. But that can change in the future.

2. That's what I noticed the most, even more than the synth/shimmer. I wonder if it's pre-recorded or played live by Terry or whoever
  3. Originally posted by jheath:The synth sound on Wild Horses I think is Edge playing guitar and that is going through his legendary Shimmer sound, which is a reverb effect (imagine the echo in a cathedral) where the echo is tuned one or two octaves higher than the notes he's playing. There's a short slight delay after he's hit the strings on his guitar until you hear it. He started using it in the 80's when Bono referred to it has The Edge Orchestra on songs like T.U.F. I use the Eventide H9 pedal. It's lush.
    Shimmer is addictive. I've started adding it to mostly every song I play
  4. Do you have that Edges Strymon big sky or TC hall of fame?
  5. I was just thinking yesterday how maybe it's time to retire the shimmer. It sounds great during ISHFWILF.
  6. None of them! Just a cheap Behringer RV-600 which does the trick pretty well

https://guitarpickzone.com/behringer-reverb-machine-review-rv600/

"I was especially taken by the Space preset. Space preset is possibly the solution for legions of U2 fans trying to emulate The Edge’s expansive ‘shimmer’ effect. On the Verbzilla the preset is called Octo and produces a lush, harmonized, pitch-shifted reverb that turns your bedroom practice into ‘the great gig in the sky.’
    While the Irish guitar legend is using high-quality and very expensive and rare studio rack gear to produce his trademark shimmer tone, you have it digitally modeled as preset #8 in your Behringer Reverb Machine."
  7. Much if not MOST of the music I have recorded for the U2start's Podcast series features extensive use of shimmer even if the original songs don't
  8. 2 years ago, two of the best concerts I've ever seen.

9. I genuinely thought the stand was going to give way during IWF and Gloria. The whole place was rocking.
  10. Absolutely. That's the usual reaction to IWF but seeing the whole arena shouting the "Two, three, four!" intro to Gloria night 3 is something I'll never forget. Blew the roof off.
  11. Same in Berlin.