1. According to WW, nothing in the 2015 show will be included.

"In the interview of TPi Magazine with Willie Williams he not only revealed U2 will film Berlin, but they also "don't want anything that was in the 2015 show". That means replacing more songs. What are we up to in the next month U2? #U2eiTour "

Here is the setlist from that show:

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    Vertigo
    I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
    Iris (Hold Me Close)
    Cedarwood Road
    Song for Someone
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
    Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet)
    (Intermission - The Fly)
    Invisible
    Even Better Than The Real Thing / Break On Through (snippet)
    Fashion (snippet) / Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
    Elevation
    Every Breaking Wave
    October
    Zooropa (snippet) / Bullet The Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
    Zooropa
    Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There is no End to Love) (snippet)
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    With Or Without You

encore(s):
    City Of Blinding Lights / Ne Me Quitte Pas (snippet)
    Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
    Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / Into The Mystic (snippet)
    One / Invisible (snippet)
    People Have The Power

Of these 25 songs, 8 of them are currently in use on the E&I Tour:
    Vertigo, I Will Follow, EBTTRT, Elevation, Pride, COBL, Beautiful Day, and One.

Does this mean these songs are getting removed, because that can make for a very exciting and different type of show that we've seen in years. These 8 songs are the heart of almost every U2 show, and it would be very unlike them not to have them, but for me, very welcome.

So my question is, what would you expect for a setlist? Taking our these 8 songs, we are currently left with:

The Blackout
    Lights of Home
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    (Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
    You're The Best Thing About Me
    Summer Of Love

encore(s):

Fill in the blanks with what you would want to see. You might have to dig in deep to their catalog. Here are my hopes and dreams based on rehearsals and what I would like:

Electric Co.
    Out of Control
    The Fly
    Discotheque
    Stuck in a Moment
    Magnificent
    California
    Two Hearts Beat As One
  2. Discotheque, not happening.......unfortunately. The rest are plausible but like I said in the other thread I doubt ALL of those songs are being dropped. I think it is more of no Songs Of Innocence that were in the prior Blu Ray and making it a completely different show feel vs. the Innoncence Blu Ray. I doubt Pride and I Will Follow are going anywhere. Same with City. But the rest are plausible for a change. Could be interesting or very disappointing!

I would say The Fly (even though "technically" done on ther prior Blu Ray), Landlady, The Showman and Mysterious Ways are the best shots at this point since they have actually been rehearsed or soundchecked on this tour. I would guess Red Flag Day comes back also.,
  3. as much as willie says that, i STILL dont see any such as BD, Pride, IWF, COBL to be dropped
    if they were to add, discotheque speaks a lot and should be played honestly, any deep cut song is welcome ! who knows, we actually might see an almost entirely different show come next month, but they should be rehearsing songs now if thats the case.
    if
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    dirty day, the fly, MW from the other topic
    is true, good indication they'll be in
  4. Dirty Day (Sydney Style)
  5. Why not already be playing these different songs? Let's make a film of the tour with none of the songs that we are playing on that tour? Sorry. A little confused here.
  6. The Blackout
    Lights of Home
    Out of Control
    Gloria
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Zoo Station
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

(Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
    Elevation
    Mysterious Ways
    The Fly

Hall of Mirrors (snippet) / Acrobat
    You're The Best Thing About Me
    Summer Of Love
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    New Year's Day
    City Of Blinding Lights

-
    One
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    13 (There Is A Light)
  7. My guess is that W. Williams and the band don't want anything from the 2015 being repeated production-wise. That's why Iris, Cedarwood et al are out. Elevation, Vertigo and Even better are presented differently than in 2015 and my guess is that those three will stay, nonethess. They could do the 2017 version of Beautiful Day. Pride is different with Edge and Adam on the risers and could stay. COBL would have to go.

Anyway, it's exciting!
  8. Y'all are overthinking this. It's admirable you're still hoping for crazy, deep pocketed songs... but thye have enough alternates they've already done between both tours now to fill in:

Gloria
    Acrobat
    Wild Horses
    Out of Control
    Stuck In A Moment
    Red Flag Day
    Unforgettable Fire
    Desire

All different from Paris, but rehearsed and ready to go with no extra work...
  9. They have to drop MW like four tours ago.
  10. Whoa now, 2017 version with the solo was great!
    360 and I+E versions however....
  11. 1.The Blackout
    2.Lights of Home
    3.I Will Follow
    4.Gloria
    5.Red Flag Day
    6.Beautiful Day
    7.Zoo Station
    8.Stay
    9.Wild Horses

Intermission

10. Elevation
    11. Vertigo
    12. Even Better than the real thing (?)
    13. Acrobat
    14. You're the best thing about me
    15. Summer of Love
    16. Pride
    17. Get Out Of Your Own Way
    18. New Years Day
    19. City of Blinding Lights (?)

Encore -

20. One
    21. Love is bigger
    22. 13 (There is a light)

22 songs. Looks like a considerably different show than the 2015 DVD release despite having a few of the same songs. The only real difference I've made is to not have Gloria and Red Flag Day rotating, but to include them both in the show. I know that adds an extra song onto the setlist but this is a "special" show after all. I've kept I Will Follow in the setlist as I don't think it will be dropped. Plus IWF - Gloria - RFD in a row will get the area rocking and will look great on film.

I know Willie said they don't want anything from 2015, however I don't think they will drop some of their best well known songs in Elevation and Vertigo. Once again they both get the arena rocking and will look good on film. Elevation this tour also has a different mix than to the one in 2015.

I put a question mark after EBTTRT because I think this could possibly change. It was included on the 2015 DVD and could be easily replaced by Desire (not that I want it too though). I chose not to put The Fly there as it was included in 2015. I also put another question mark after COBL. I know in 2015 it started the encore, and this year it finishes the main set, but it is too similar.

I've chosen to keep One in the setlist as I think this would be impossible to change. The whole encore "Woman of the world" leads into it. Plus Bono would want to get the One campaign on film also.

If this film is going to be used as the official DVD release, or a limited run cinema release, then I think its very cheeky of the band to suggest that this is what you could expect if you came to the tour. Bearing in mind 60 percent of the tour got the same setlist as the 2015 run.
  12. It will be interesting to see what the final set will be.