1. Seeing as the band isn't bringing the tour to Australia, I'm making the long trek from Sydney to London for both nights. Following the tour online through the USA had me excited about seeing the show because of the fantastic story arc but my enthusiasm has been tempered a little by the set-lists being used in Europe.

There are no longer any Songs of Innocence being played and, while I am still utterly thrilled at the prospect of seeing Macphisto and hearing Acrobat; I think 6 songs from Achtung Baby is way too many.

It is now a misnomer to call this the e+i tour because there is no "i" in these set lists.The band seems more intent on celebrating that it's 25 years next month since the Zoo-TV tour concluded.

Anyone else bummed by this?
  2. I feel sorry that the band won't make it to Australia. But the majority of fans in the US and Europe are pretty pleased with the set now. Since many of us have seen the Innocence part several time in 2015...

But I get your point!
  3. Originally posted by Christoph001:I feel sorry that the band won't make it to Australia. But the majority of fans in the US and Europe are pretty pleased with the set now. Since many of us have seen the Innocence part several time in 2015...

But I get your point!
    Well, to I&E tour didn’t include the E part of course. In that perspective it ain’t a problem for me.
    But maybe that’s said from the lucky position to be living in Europe and being able to see them more often than you can in Australia.
    The I part, with exception from Iris, I saw I. Kolbe last month wasn’t least favourite part of the show. So I’m happy with the great changes they’ve made. Will writing this I’m hearing Stay, what a great addition that is!
  4. Some autocorrect problems in my response, sorry:
    The I&E
    In Koln
    Was my least favourite part
  5. I think it's very unfair that the band have not been to Oz and NZ for so long, even if it would cost them . They aren't exactly poor , they should respect the fans down under and get it done
  6. No...I think the setlist development is briliant for lots of reasons...but...I did see I+E & JT30....BUT
    ...last December on ABC TV (was it?), they pretty much said they were going to or hoped to head down to Oz/NZ...I guess the economics of taking an arena show of this complexity to the southern hemisphere means that you will luck out...JT30 was a relatively small number of gigs too.

All that said I am surprised they have not been south for so long.

I want to see them in NZ and have been waiting for a long time now too but nowhere near your position.
  7. I would say this tour has stayed true to its E&I title as much as the 2015 tour stayed true to its I&E title. At this point similar to I&E they are using songs from the past as well as songs from the current album to tell the story. If you attended 1 show from each tour then that is your complete I&E/E&I package. In fact anyone who’s attended even 1 night of this tour (since Copenhagen 2), a JT17 show and an I&E show has seen a lot of different songs. Understandably for people living in certain parts of the world seeing 1 never mind all 3 tours would have been difficult enough but I don’t think that can be used as argument against the Setlist choices. I do sympathise though with fans who either haven’t got to see them or have to spend a lot of money to see them due to there location.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Seeing as the band isn't bringing the tour to Australia, I'm making the long trek from Sydney to London for both nights. Following the tour online through the USA had me excited about seeing the show because of the fantastic story arc but my enthusiasm has been tempered a little by the set-lists being used in Europe.

There are no longer any Songs of Innocence being played and, while I am still utterly thrilled at the prospect of seeing Macphisto and hearing Acrobat; I think 6 songs from Achtung Baby is way too many.

It is now a misnomer to call this the e+i tour because there is no "i" in these set lists.The band seems more intent on celebrating that it's 25 years next month since the Zoo-TV tour concluded.

There is no i in team or this tour.
  9. Well, the idea of the e+i "narrative" is that only through experience, you'll be able to find back (some) innocence.
    This is basically the theme of SOE and has nothing to do with playing songs from SOI.

The "I", however, still is in I Will Follow, 13 (There Is A Light), Gloria, and perhaps even some in Zoo Station.
    I mean, being "ready for what's next" and "letting go of the steering wheel" presupposes a certain amount of curiosity (innocence).
    Paired, I think, with experience. The "experience" of a learning process.

Anyway, no matter what U2 does, there will always be people complaining about the setlist. Either too "loose" or too "tight..."

But I too think its a bummer and a shame that it looks like Australia & New Zealand will be passed by...again... Not good

One last remark of wisdom: "stagnation means decline." So it that sense I'm glad the set has been updated with these great
    Achtung Baby tunes
  10. Having been lucky enough to see the 2015 show and then the 2018 show with the updated set, I am so glad they changed it up. They felt like 2 different shows the conplemented each other very well. The set before was too much of a rehash. Also the AB songs with ZS, The Fly and horses along with Acrobat make and then stay this one special. Bono was stronger for sure in 2015, but I loved the set that I seen in Milan. I just wish they would bring it to Australia.

The previous EI set made it feel like IE’s weaker sibling. Now it has its own idenity.

My buggest gripe I have is them not playing the Little Things or the Showman.
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Seeing as the band isn't bringing the tour to Australia, I'm making the long trek from Sydney to London for both nights. Following the tour online through the USA had me excited about seeing the show because of the fantastic story arc but my enthusiasm has been tempered a little by the set-lists being used in Europe.

Saw the show last night in Manchester and I have to say it’s stronger than i&e by far. I’m afraid those SOI songs just aren’t as stoned as those from AB. The i part of the i&e tour was a snore fest.
  12. Fair point, especially having missed out on the last 3 tours I think your points are very valid.

That being said. U2 ('s management...) is being a bit of a dick and clearly just focusing on the american end European market.
    Most of them have heard all the Innocence songs. The setlist is working out better and the band especially seem kind off "released" since the Copenhagen and Hamburg shows, where they introduced all the new stuff.

If anything , if you believe in setlist "buildup" This current setup will not disappoint you either way. Its got a better narrative,
    and the band seems to snapped out of the "going through the motions" mode.

I realise that I speak out of privilige tho. Its been unfair for Asian, African and European U2 fans.