1. It may have different connotation in the rest of the world.
  2. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

not very convincing. Of course there's always money involved, but I think it's always about music first. Better examples please. Have they ever made a fool out of themselves just for money, like many poor artists do?
    Not very convincing? 4 legs of the US in 3 years, without touring much of the world. I'm convinced it's very much about earning the most dollars for Live Nation. That happens in the US, where Live Nation virtually monopolize concert promotion & own many venues themselves.
  3. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Not very convincing? 4 legs of the US in 3 years, without touring much of the world. I'm convinced it's very much about earning the most dollars for Live Nation. That happens in the US, where Live Nation virtually monopolize concert promotion & own many venues themselves.
    yes, just like in the early 80's. America is a big country. But like I said before; I'm not saying there is no money involved, but U2 is not just playing for the money. I was only asking for an example where they did, and no one can tell me.. even if it's true, it's not like Uncasville or Omaha made them more money than any average E&I show. On the other side, they played at places like Sarajevo without making any money.. please don't accuse our band of playing anywhere if the money is good.
  4. Omaha is not a money market.
  5. Warren Buffett is a money market.
  6. All but confirmed: U2 to spend Christmas week in Australia