1. Besides being part of Dreamforce, which is hosted by San Francisco software giant Salesforce, the U2 gig was also a fundraiser for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland. Salesforce founder Marc Benioff is a huge supporter of these hospitals, so much so that they are named after him.

The other one sounds more like something Bono and Edge playing.

2. That explains why they skip majority of a large market like Asia.
  3. But don't Live nation look after most major bands? they did recent tours by GnR &Roger Waters which took them all across the globe including many parts of Asia ultimately it's down to the band where and when they tour ,towards the end of the 360 tour they said they didn't want to tour like that again and it would be smaller and shorter going forward which it has been, Live Nation are just a facilitator to the bands demands.
  4. Originally posted by muzika:[..]
    Besides being part of Dreamforce, which is hosted by San Francisco software giant Salesforce, the U2 gig was also a fundraiser for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland. Salesforce founder Marc Benioff is a huge supporter of these hospitals, so much so that they are named after him.

The other one sounds more like something Bono and Edge playing.
    You said yourself "which is hosted by San Francisco software giant Salesforce".

From memory, tickets were very expensive at around $1,700 and you had to also buy a ticket for the Sales Conference and couldn't get tickets on their own. Everything about that gig was a corporate show.
  5. Salesforce also sponsored the i+e and e+i tours.
  6. They didn't charge $1.7k for a ticket bundled in with a business conference though.
  7. Originally posted by markreed:[..]
    You said yourself "which is hosted by San Francisco software giant Salesforce".

From memory, tickets were very expensive at around $1,700 and you had to also buy a ticket for the Sales Conference and couldn't get tickets on their own. Everything about that gig was a corporate show.
    Anything in aid of charity is a good thing in my mind. There’s no way the band would have got involved in something like this if it wasn’t for charity or perhaps a political type event.

8. I can’t wait much longer...