1. Originally posted by PogMoThoin:You’ve toured a lot in the past few years. Will you take a long break when this one ends?
    I think there’s been three tours that have been on each other’s heels pretty quickly. I would say that we’ll probably take a little bit of a break at the end of this tour and regroup. There’s lots of ideas for the next records, but I think a bit of time off just to listen to music and to really feed our creative instincts is in order.

It´s imminent because We say so. General sale will start on 12.04.2019 because we say so. Anouncemt for the Tour 04.04.2019 because we say so. Touranouncement 2 08.04.2019 because we dreamed of. U2 Touring in Aus/Asia because WE SAY SO. But U2 says we take a break from all of you. Because we said so.
    I'm detecting a tone here... Subtle, but there.
  2. There's a clue in the bold underlined snarky text somewhere. There used to be conventions around trolling/flaming/caps/cussin'/slagging folks off. I guess I'm just an old pissy person these days.
  3. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    There's a clue in the bold underlined snarky text somewhere. There used to be conventions around trolling/flaming/caps/cussin'/slagging folks off. I guess I'm just an old pissy person these days.
    I didn't like that tone either...

But we're very tollerant here on U2START ...
  4. No one gets hurt on U2start, nobody! The only people who get hurt on U2start are the mods.
  5. You are. It's mostly genuine exasperation with the negativity on my part. The folks in the crosshairs work hard for the U2 community and they are pals of mine, hence the offside call. I also appreciate your hard work down the years @BigGiRL. The sarcasm was unnecessary, and apologies for any offence.
  6. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    You are. It's mostly genuine exasperation with the negativity on my part. The folks in the crosshairs work hard for the U2 community and they are pals of mine, hence the offside call. I also appreciate your hard work down the years @BigGiRL. The sarcasm was unnecessary, and apologies for any offence.
    Whoops...sorry you misread me (my fault!)

I meant that I didn't like the tone of that bold and underlined post either...your "tone" was fine by all means!

7. Was hoping for Tokyo Dome, as it's much more central, close to Akihabara 'electric town'. But at least the show would be indoors at Saitama, which I guess is important in mid-December.

I knew it musta pretty big arena to fit in the Vertigo Outdoor Stage (capacity 37,000). But if we're getting the JT screen (61m width) it must a behemoth. Looks like the arena can be equipped for American Football (49m field width) at least

Actually Wikipedia says it's the third biggest arena in the world.
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

Was hoping for Tokyo Dome, as it's much more central, close to Akihabara 'electric town'. But at least the show would be indoors at Saitama, which I guess is important in mid-December.

I knew it musta pretty big arena to fit in the Vertigo Outdoor Stage (capacity 37,000). But if we're getting the JT screen (61m width) it must a behemoth. Looks like the arena can be equipped for American Football (49m field width) at least

Actually Wikipedia says it's the third biggest arena in the world.
    Tokyo Dome is apparently crap sound wise.

Lots of reverb.

You can hear it on The Police’s 2008 pro-shot and The Rolling Stones 1990 pro-shot.

If you watch the Saitama 2006 videos the stage seems a lot lower in height? I’m assuming the Vertigo stadium main stage was quite high but in Saitama it seemed quite low.
  9. I genuinly cant believe how alot of you convinced yourselves a tour was happening.I posted on here before Bono said the words "U2 are going away now" only in November,so why swallow all this guff about people pretending they "have sources" close to the band.
    A tour in Australia will no doubt happen at some point but they toured hard 15,17 and 18.Unusual for U2 so some rest is well overdue and whether you like it or not theyre getting old.