1. Being just a couple of years behind the band in terms of age, let me offer you a personal perspective - I'm reconciled to the fact that I am no longer young, but I don't concede to being old; and I suspect the band see themselves the same way. To our generation, "old" is people in their 70s and 80s.

U2 may be in their late fifties but they are still playing gigs and I'm still out there watching them and other artists. Likewise, they're still making new music and I'm constantly embracing new artists and their music.

We children of the 60s may no longer enjoy perfect health or be able to run at the same pace we used to, but we adapt to our limitations and we work smarter, not harder. We have a lot more life to live yet.
  2. Essentially this rumor has been a spark seemingly started by this forum or at least those who more than frequent it , that quickly grew into a wildfire that is now just burning embers, and ash falling from the sky after the firefront not long brushed thru.

I am calling it NOW , this tour is as dead as a piece of burnt driftwood from said fire mentioned above ( to keep the metaphor going ) !
  3. Originally posted by DanialGowans:Essentially this rumor has been a spark seemingly started by this forum or at least those who more than frequent it , that quickly grew into a wildfire that is now just burning embers, and ash falling from the sky after the firefront not long brushed thru.

I am calling it NOW , this tour is as dead as a piece of burnt driftwood from said fire mentioned above ( to keep the metaphor going ) !
    Alright mate. Then maybe stop posting in this topic and leave it to those who know better or think they know better
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Alright mate. Then maybe stop posting in this topic and leave it to those who know better or think they know better
    +1. I understand the frustration of fans who haven't seen U2 in their countries (they last visited my country 9 years ago), but as I said before, this thread was created months ago based on very strong rumors that have only gotten stronger ever since. And it's a personal choice whether a fan wants to be part of this discussion or if they don't wanna discuss anything until an official announcement / hint. Clearly, a few people here don't wanna be part of this, so they could just stop visiting this topic and I'm saying this with genuine kindness; there's no need to turn against each other. If a tour does happen, wonderful & if it doesn't, it won't be the first time there's a last minute change of plans.
  5. At the moment, I'm frustrated, and I also don't believe in this tour to be coming
    There were too much peaks of the rumours saying its close to an annoucement, and then: nothing.
    Maybe we just should be happy about an amazing 2018, and that we were pampered with three amazing tours in the past four years. And maybe take it more serious what Bono said in Dublin IV and Berlin III (what ZOOTVTOURist also mentioned)

6. GA sold out straight away. Had to spend $300 for a nosebleed. Pre sale was an utter disaster. Do U2 not care about their fans anymore?
  7. Originally posted by Chrisssie:At the moment, I'm frustrated, and I also don't believe in this tour to be coming
    There were too much peaks of the rumours saying its close to an annoucement, and then: nothing.
    Maybe we just should be happy about an amazing 2018, and that we were pampered with three amazing tours in the past four years. And maybe take it more serious what Bono said in Dublin IV and Berlin III (what ZOOTVTOURist also mentioned)
    I’m still not ruling it out but I think if we get into the 2nd half of the year then that will be time to say definitely not. I’m not attending anyway so I don’t have as much invested in it if you like but I think it would be good for the fans in the countries mentioned to get to see the band. I think if it doesn’t happen then it’s not a change of plans but a rumour started by a u2 insider to keep fans talking about the band in what would be an otherwise very quiet year. If it doesn’t happen and it is claimed that the band changed there plans there would need to be a pretty convincing reason as to why to go with it for me to believe it as there doesn’t seem to be anything standing in the way of this tour if it has always been on the table. All that said hope it’s still happening.
  8. Another week down, another week closer to no tour
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

GA sold out straight away. Had to spend $300 for a nosebleed. Pre sale was an utter disaster. Do U2 not care about their fans anymore?
    Have you checked to see what's available on Viagogo?
  10. Wow, this party really died...

Did I miss something? Did somebody have a source saying this wasn't going to happen for sure? The mood has changed around here the last couple days to "IT'S DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING!!!" My thing is, if it doesn't end up happening, that means the plug was pulled somewhat recently. There were so many rumors that jived with each other, and now things seem kind of quiet.

Did this tour go the way of the 2002 Stadium tour of Elevation? I hope not, for everybody's sake in those parts of the world. Does it affect me? No. I'll probably never make it to Australia, Japan etc in my lifetime. But those fans really deserve shows, and I hope they get them.
  11. Originally posted by podiumboy:Wow, this party really died...

Did I miss something? Did somebody have a source saying this wasn't going to happen for sure? The mood has changed around here the last couple days to "IT'S DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING!!!" My thing is, if it doesn't end up happening, that means the plug was pulled somewhat recently. There were so many rumors that jived with each other, and now things seem kind of quiet.

Did this tour go the way of the 2002 Stadium tour of Elevation? I hope not, for everybody's sake in those parts of the world. Does it affect me? No. I'll probably never make it to Australia, Japan etc in my lifetime. But those fans really deserve shows, and I hope they get them.
    You didn't miss anything. The announcement was just postponed, it will still happen.
  12. Look, @Remy, with all appreciation of all the efforts you in person put in this place here, a statement like yours quoted, I think is not appropriate. Being part of the problem, not part of a solution. You say without any „might“, „maybe“ or „I think“ or „my credible sources“ just: „it will still happen“. So you obviously seem to know it 100%. Which will lead other people to believe so, spread it and maybe book hotels etc. (even if you say, don‘ t do so). With all kindness- please be beware of such consequences, when you do public statements - in a rumour (!) thread. Thanx