1. Was doing some hotel research today and noticed that for some Australian cities, the most obvious hotel next to the rumoured or most likely venue, was fully booked around the U2 rumoured dates or the dates one could expect. Doesn't say everything but that these hotels are fully booked because of an event (that is not yet announced) seems the most logical explanation.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:Was doing some hotel research today and noticed that for some Australian cities, the most obvious hotel next to the rumoured or most likely venue, was fully booked around the U2 rumoured dates or the dates one could expect. Doesn't say everything but that these hotels are fully booked because of an event (that is not yet announced) seems the most logical explanation.
    This can only mean one thing 😁
  3. Originally posted by Remy:Was doing some hotel research today and noticed that for some Australian cities, the most obvious hotel next to the rumoured or most likely venue, was fully booked around the U2 rumoured dates or the dates one could expect. Doesn't say everything but that these hotels are fully booked because of an event (that is not yet announced) seems the most logical explanation.
    Most hotel bookings can be cancelled probably fans who believed all the internet rumours that were fed to them by various websites.
  4. If it's Marvel stadium for Melbourne, & Suncorp stadium from Brisbane, there should be plenty of accommodation options, as these stadiums are central.

Sydney, being at Homebush, will have fewer options. Expensive hotels.

Haven't looked at Perth or Adelaide.
  5. Soon
  6. "It is rumoured that U2 will tour in Australia and Asia end of 2019, what would you like this tour to be?"

My vote: Something completely new
  7. Originally posted by ddarroch:If it's Marvel stadium for Melbourne, & Suncorp stadium from Brisbane, there should be plenty of accommodation options, as these stadiums are central.

Agree, there are few choices for Homebush but it's relatively easy and cheap to access via public transport. I'd recommend looking for something around the CBD and doing a short commute, as that opens up access to many more bars, restaurants and tourist precincts.
  8. Originally posted by George_Sports:"It is rumoured that U2 will tour in Australia and Asia end of 2019, what would you like this tour to be?"

My vote: Something completely new

It makes sense to use some leftovers from JT30 and e+i if you're only going to have a tour that lasts 5 weeks. No need to reinvent the wheel. Especially since the whole reason they're doing this tour is because Australia never got JT30 and e+i in the first place.

That said, knowing them and seeing what they've done during the later part of some tours in the past, I would not be at all surprised if they broke out a new song that no one has ever heard before. (Though perhaps playing one or two old ultra-rarities will scratch that itch for them. Along the lines of Drowning Man, Stranger In A Strange Land, or The Refugee.)
  9. Originally posted by ddarroch:If it's Marvel stadium for Melbourne, & Suncorp stadium from Brisbane, there should be plenty of accommodation options, as these stadiums are central.

If you are looking to come to Perth Crown Perth would be the closest to Optus Stadium, however it is likely to be quite expensive. Optus stadium is basically brand new (opened last year) so they built it with public transport in mind. You could get accommodation anywhere in the city and it would be extremely easy to catch the train or a bus directly to the stadium.
  10. Thanks for the info. Nice that us locals can help out those u2start'ers who are travelling from distant places.
  11. “Expect an announcement later in the month.“

Maybe we would get a announcement next week?
  12. I love this topic, reminds me of one of those setlist parties for a gig that has already happened.