1. It would make sense to go with a smaller venue to play it safe, as they'd have no idea what ticket sales would be like.
  2. What does Macau have that Hong Kong, Malaysia and Phillipines do not have ?!
  3. Originally posted by DanialGowans:Sorry but this website is becoming a large part of this joke, and very quickly !!! This whole TOUR BS reflects bad on whoever runs this forum!!

PS: I heard thru a friend who has a black Labrador Dog who once happened to take a crap on Bonos front lawn who happened to overhear Bono arguing with Ali about the OZ Tour that was confirmed stuffing around with their plans for a family ski trip in the French Alps! MAKE SURE U MENTION THIS RUMOR !! ITS CREDIBLE!

If you don't like it, why keep coming back? Do you keep clicking on this thread by accident?
  4. Originally posted by U2nick88:[..]
    Has Seoul got a suitable venue? Know there are a few stadiums from the World Cup. But be a bit chilly in December if can't close the roof etc.
    I had the same worries, thinking stadiums wouldn't be suitable in winter, & Seoul doesn't have a large arena.

But podiumboy kindly informed me that they do indeed have a suitable venue, the Geochek Sky Dome. An indoor baseball arena, with a capacity of 25,000 for concerts.

5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    The U2songs rumours come from from “a number of sources including crew, the label, the touring company, logistics providers, venue staff and local media”. That’s not speculation or “believing”. That’s just spreading info that is not yet public. Rumours

Anything can still happen but that info is solid. Whether it will be announced no one knows here for sure but it certainly looks that way.

It does say rumours on the thread. Nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed.

Also, I heard in Berlin the crew had been asked to keep some time free the following Christmas for Aus/NZ/etc dates, so this does seem legitimate to discuss to me.
  6. I was thinking the same thing.
  7. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    I had the same worries, thinking stadiums wouldn't be suitable in winter, & Seoul doesn't have a large arena.

But podiumboy kindly informed me that they do indeed have a suitable venue, the Geochek Sky Dome. An indoor baseball arena, with a capacity of 25,000 for concerts.

[image]
    so, Saitama and Seoul stadiums have a capacity of only 20.000 to 25.000 people? that won't make them much money. Looks like Sydney and Melbourne are the cities that have to make this tour profitable.
  8. U2 will obviously make no money from this tour!!!
  9. Is there any reason why they wouldn’t do 3 nights in the smaller venues? I guess demand would be the main one but 3 nights in a country they haven’t been to in years seems possible right?
  10. Yeah I still don’t understand how people can believe that given how much money they take in with ticket sales. Less profitable than North America and Europe? Yes because of the extra expenses but I think people are either completely underestimating how much they will gross or massively overestimating the tour costs which I know are going to be high but nothing near what they will gross.
  11. To give you an indication. The ziggo dome. Which is an arena, not a stadium. Needs to sell half of its seats. At just 35 euros to break even for the venue. All of the rest of the profit is for the promotor and band. And to break even on production costs (I. E. Stage design and costs)

Seeing most tickets these days are selling between 60 and 130+++ bucks. Not even counting all the golden circle and platinum, and vip and redzone packages!
    I can't imagine a stadium being a huge problem for bands like U2. Like at all. Haha hahaha.