1. Originally posted by DanialGowans:Sorry but this website is becoming a large part of this joke, and very quickly !!! This whole TOUR BS reflects bad on whoever runs this forum!!

PS: I heard thru a friend who has a black Labrador Dog who once happened to take a crap on Bonos front lawn who happened to overhear Bono arguing with Ali about the OZ Tour that was confirmed stuffing around with their plans for a family ski trip in the French Alps! MAKE SURE U MENTION THIS RUMOR !! ITS CREDIBLE!

I think you are wrong the band could wait until June ,July to announce the tour and it would still sell out maybe they were advised to hold off for a few weeks because of Queen's tour announcement and maybe they are trying to finalise a few venues before putting tickets on sale I do believe they are intent on touring Aus,NZ this year because the website peddling it have been right in their other predictions we'll wait and see.
  2. I genuinely believe that they haven't finalised certain dates/venues - so no announcement yet.
  3. Originally posted by DanialGowans:Sorry but this website is becoming a large part of this joke, and very quickly !!! This whole TOUR BS reflects bad on whoever runs this forum!!

PS: I heard thru a friend who has a black Labrador Dog who once happened to take a crap on Bonos front lawn who happened to overhear Bono arguing with Ali about the OZ Tour that was confirmed stuffing around with their plans for a family ski trip in the French Alps! MAKE SURE U MENTION THIS RUMOR !! ITS CREDIBLE!

Best stay out of this thread. Check your email periodically for updates from u2.com regarding official news, announcements and updates. It would probably be less stressful that way.
  4. If those Asian dates are anything to go by, then the schedule kind of flows pretty seamlessly. Here's what we could be looking at;

11/8- Auckland
    11/9- Auckland
    11/12- Brisbane
    11/15- Melbourne
    11/16- Melbourne
    11/19- Adelaide
    11/22- Sydney
    11/23- Sydney
    11/26- Perth
    11/27- Perth
    11/30- Singapore
    12/4- Tokyo
    12/5- Tokyo
    12/8- Seoul
    12/9- Seoul
    12/13- Macau
    12/14- Macau
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:If those Asian dates are anything to go by, then the schedule kind of flows pretty seamlessly. Here's what we could be looking at;

11/8- Auckland
    11/9- Auckland
    11/12- Brisbane
    11/15- Melbourne
    11/16- Melbourne
    11/19- Adelaide
    11/22- Sydney
    11/23- Sydney
    11/26- Perth
    11/27- Perth
    11/30- Singapore
    12/4- Tokyo
    12/5- Tokyo
    12/8- Seoul
    12/9- Seoul
    12/13- Macau
    12/14- Macau
    Looks like we’re getting closer to the full itinerary!
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:If those Asian dates are anything to go by, then the schedule kind of flows pretty seamlessly. Here's what we could be looking at;

11/8- Auckland
    11/9- Auckland
    11/12- Brisbane
    11/15- Melbourne
    11/16- Melbourne
    11/19- Adelaide
    11/22- Sydney
    11/23- Sydney
    11/26- Perth
    11/27- Perth
    11/30- Singapore
    12/4- Tokyo
    12/5- Tokyo
    12/8- Seoul
    12/9- Seoul
    12/13- Macau
    12/14- Macau

Macau still seems a bit odd to me.
  7. I would seriously give Macou some thought on those dates.
  8. Singapore will get two.
  9. Originally posted by mofothethird:To give you an indication. The ziggo dome. Which is an arena, not a stadium. Needs to sell half of its seats. At just 35 euros to break even for the venue. All of the rest of the profit is for the promotor and band. And to break even on production costs (I. E. Stage design and costs)

Seeing most tickets these days are selling between 60 and 130+++ bucks. Not even counting all the golden circle and platinum, and vip and redzone packages!
    I can't imagine a stadium being a huge problem for bands like U2. Like at all. Haha hahaha.

35 euro for the venue? that's quite a lot.. this tour will certainly have additional production and logistical costs and only around 15 shows to break even and/or make profit.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

35 euro for the venue? that's quite a lot.. this tour will certainly have additional production and logistical costs and only around 15 shows to break even and/or make profit.
    Using the Amsterdam shows on the I&E tour as an example half the venue capacity at 35 euros over 4 nights would be €1.2million give or take to cover the venue costs. The band brought in over $7.6million whatever that translates into € at the time. They won’t break even on this rumoured tour they’ll make a substantial amount of profit. They’ll gross probably at least $70million using the vertigo tour shows in Australia/NZ/Japan as a guide taking into account also the increase in ticket price since then. It won’t cost anything like $70million to put on 15 shows. As an example 360 the most expensive tour in history cost $850,000 a day to run show or no show, even if we used that figure with the rumoured dates they would still be making about $40million profit.