1. Originally posted by Streetfighter:Yes, australian dollar has declined and 360 was 9 years ago. And the stage is huge. So I really believe that the tour will cost AT LEAST as 360, but maybe also more than 360. More I think about it, and more I think that it cannot work economically.
    From wikipedia (Joshua Tree 2017):

"To accommodate the time required to transport the steel framework between cities and the two-and-a-half days required to build it, three separate sets of steel were used on tour, each one travelling on 16 trucks. As a result, while one structure was in use for a concert, another one was being erected elsewhere while a third was being disassembled. The lighting, sound, and video systems traveled on 30 trucks and required about eight hours to assemble. Tour director Craig Evans estimated that approximately 196 people were employed on tour, including 84 crew members and 42 entourage members who traveled on nine buses."
  2. The reason U2 didn’t bring Elevation to Australia is the same reason they didn’t bring Innocence and Experience... arena tours just don’t bring in enough money for them to justify going down there. In 2018, they were averaging roughly $2mil per show for arenas. Whereas in 2017, with stadiums, it was more like $5-6 mil, and some more in the really big stadiums. Plus an arena tour takes more time, due to needing to play more shows to generate enough income.

Compared to 360, the Joshua Tree stage (which is rumored they’ll be using again) was pretty basic. It costs considerably less to put up/tear down, and less time. That screen was amazing, though!

3. Can't confirm, but I can confirm the source of that information has been making crap up for a very long time. And it's likely he got his information from the same twitter post that has already been confirmed as being wishful thinking and not based on any inside information.
  4. I guess it doesn’t matter how much evidence and logic you throw out there if people want to believe the tour isn’t profitable they’ll believe it.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess it doesn’t matter how much evidence and logic you throw out there if people want to believe the tour isn’t profitable they’ll believe it.
    I never said it will not be profitable, I'm just a bit more careful than you are.. there isn't even a tour yet. You are talking about evidence and logic, I think there's also a bit of guesswork in the mix.
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I never said it will not be profitable, I'm just a bit more careful than you are.. there isn't even a tour yet. You are talking about evidence and logic, I think there's also a bit of guesswork in the mix.
    I completely agree!

7. Profitability depends on how many shows they're prepared to do in each city. U2 could easily do as many, if not not more shows, than they would do in North America or Europe, across only 5 cities just in Australia. Two stadium shows in Sydney would equate to 7-8 arena shows. They took this approach with Lovetown and, as I've said before, Pink has been hugely successful here filling arenas with an extravagant show. More shows per city obviously helps defray the cost of traveling down here and U2 have the demand if they're willing to stay.
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Well i don’t think guesswork is exactly what it is. Maybe some estimations based on previous accurate information and perhaps that couldn’t be considered evidence but I would say it shows more logic than guesswork. The profitability of a tour before it happens is always going to be estimations though before ticket sales happen, what I think people are doing is overestimating the costs. What the band gross will only be clear to see in the future, what it’s going to cost to put on will never truly be revealed to us but I’m happy using the 360 costs as a rough guide and think that’s as good a way as any of working it out without having any inside knowledge. I don’t know how everyone else comes up with there figures for costs.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well i don’t think guesswork is exactly what it is. Maybe some estimations based on previous accurate information and perhaps that couldn’t be considered evidence but I would say it shows more logic than guesswork. The profitability of a tour before it happens is always going to be estimations though before ticket sales happen, what I think people are doing is overestimating the costs. What the band gross will only be clear to see in the future, what it’s going to cost to put on will never truly be revealed to us but I’m happy using the 360 costs as a rough guide and think that’s as good a way as any of working it out without having any inside knowledge. I don’t know how everyone else comes up with there figures for costs.
    yes, but there are also facts like (Southern) Australia and Japan are seperated by 7000 km's, dollar exchange rate's which lower the margins quite a lot. For now I only see Sydney and Melbourne as big cashcows, but apart from that I don't think this tour will be very efficient in making big money. When they (nearly) sell out all shows, I'm sure this tour will make profit, but maybe 2006 and 2011 were exceptions and audience numbers fall back to a level of Zoomerang and PopMart.
  10. IMO, it will be perfect to release TLTTGYA as a single with U2 touring Australia, NZ and Asia...... It will also be a due boost for SOE album sales there.
  11. If U2 play Macau or Hong Kong l suspect they will integrate the art of AL Weiwei
  12. U2 Final 2020? Sweet Mother Records. I didn't read this in Catholic End Times Bible. I hope it's a Classic Rock N Roll Tease. But for Me The Dream End Tour would be a Classic Hits Overview. Starting with War Tour. My Irish friend from Dublin City has Told me. The War Tour was The Best era Live. Period.Agree? DVD Red Rocks as example.Just on the edge of Greatness. B4 Live Aid 85-JT 87.
    How about First Three LP's Dublin Clubs as Ultimate gift to Fans Like Led Zeppelin O2 Shows.Lucky few Int U2 fans win Select small Irish bars/Small Clubs. Dream Come true Various Charity causes. Forget the Ca$h. Rock N Roll $aves the World.