1. In 1982 U2 cancelled plans to tour Australia and Japan because they wanted a break from touring. Has history repeated itself?
  2. Yes, because they are the same band now that they were in 1982. No tour! They also relased the War album a few months later and promptly began touring for it in late 1982. Not the same band, time frame, basically nothing similiar to the current situation.
  3. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Yes, because they are the same band now that they were in 1982. No tour! They also relased the War album a few months later and promptly began touring for it in late 1982. Not the same band, time frame, basically nothing similiar to the current situation.
    True, they're more than twice the age they were back then

I realize there are all-but-confirmed rumours flying about that people higher than me are aware of, but it's crazy to me that they'd even consider another tour after the last four years. They were working like they were in the 80s, and they aren't exactly young men anymore.
  4. I never thought this would happen, they should have gone to OzAsia after South America at the end of 2017. No way would they go back to a series of concerts after playing in 2015, 2017, 2018.

5. I know they're loaded & don't have to work. But I wish I could take a year off work. It will nearly be exactly one year between the last Berlin show & the NZ date opening the rumoured tour. Throw in some time for planning & rehearsals, & it's still a very, very long break. Hopefully they'll be refreshed & raring to go!
  6. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

I know they're loaded & don't have to work. But I wish I could take a year off work. It will nearly be exactly one year between the last Berlin show & the NZ date opening the rumoured tour. Throw in some time for planning & rehearsals, & it's still a very, very long break. Hopefully they'll be refreshed & raring to go!
    Yes exactly.

A year is a looong break from work.
  7. Is the camera policy in Saitama any good? Just asking...
  8. Nope:
    Reddit comment (2017)... “Concerts in Japan pretty much have a no photo policy and people do follow the rules.”
    “The Tokyo Dome was extremely strict with no picture taking allowed when I was there for SMTown. They had people who walk up and down the aisles with giant signs looking for people taking photos.”
    Australian policies are the best (any lens is fine as long as you’re not professional whatever that means) but Asia is very restricted in general.