1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Nope: [..]
    Australian policies are the best (any lens is fine as long as you’re not professional whatever that means) but Asia is very restricted in general.
    Oh.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Nope: [..]
    Australian policies are the best (any lens is fine as long as you’re not professional whatever that means) but Asia is very restricted in general.

My understanding is cameras are tolerated so long as they don't have a detachable lens, which means most compacts are okay but a DSLR isn't.
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

My understanding is cameras are tolerated so long as they don't have a detachable lens, which means most compacts are okay but a DSLR isn't.
    That’s not what the websites say. Eg Suncorp in Brisbane:
    Cameras with a lens length no greater than 200mm are permitted into Suncorp Stadium. The use of photographic, video or audio equipment for commercial purposes is not permitted.

Any experience you might have with problems getting detachable lenses in, in Australia? That will be helpful. Most venue sites describe the same as the above.
  4. As long as it's not a detachable penis.

5. yes, but of course you can't compare this to a normal day job at all. It's exhausting in complete different way. And for an artist sometimes it's better to disappear for a while. I think a year off is the least they need after 2 albums and 3 big tours in the past 5 years.
  6. Anything they do isn't 'normal'. Let's not forget about freedom and liberty to chart one's own course.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

yes, but of course you can't compare this to a normal day job at all. It's exhausting in complete different way. And for an artist sometimes it's better to disappear for a while. I think a year off is the least they need after 2 albums and 3 big tours in the past 5 years.
    true, bono looks absolutely spent after a show. It's likely to be just as tough on Larry. Maybe they need a little more time off while on tour, instead of the 2 on - 2 off schedule. But I don't think taking an extended lay off, of over a year will help with this - unless Bono's going to spend that time in the gym, unlikely - all it will mean is that they will be older by the time they do route again.
  8. True, they've want their right to choose, what they want to do with their lives. They can choose just about anything they want. I wish we could all be so lucky

But people stating that Bono looked so tired when the saw him last tour, saying he he needs an extended rest. He should be well rested I'd think. If he wants to tour I'm sure he'll be fine (baring other medical issues). I don't think a break longer than a year would make a difference). If he doesn't want to tour again, fine. He's certainly earnt that right to choose.
  9. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    true, bono looks absolutely spent after a show. It's likely to be just as tough on Larry. Maybe they need a little more time off while on tour, instead of the 2 on - 2 off schedule. But I don't think taking an extended lay off, of over a year will help with this - unless Bono's going to spend that time in the gym, unlikely - all it will mean is that they will be older by the time they do route again.
    they just need some new challenges, that will give them energy for free, although it might not get easier for them getting older and after such a long carreer. On the other hand, a small tour at the end of the year is maybe just what they need not to become too rusty.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    they just need some new challenges, that will give them energy for free, although it might not get easier for them getting older and after such a long carreer. On the other hand, a small tour at the end of the year is maybe just what they need not to become too rusty.
    true
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    That’s not what the websites say. Eg Suncorp in Brisbane:
    [..]

Any experience you might have with problems getting detachable lenses in, in Australia? That will be helpful. Most venue sites describe the same as the above.
    I've taken my dslr into marvel stadium in melbourne for Coldplay with no problems as long as the lens is less than 200mm, the likely venue for u2, however for bruce springsteen at aami park there was no bags, only compact cameras allowed and this was apparently a live nation directive not a venue issue.
  12. Originally posted by shannon19:[..]
    I've taken my dslr into marvel stadium in melbourne for Coldplay with no problems as long as the lens is less than 200mm, the likely venue for u2, however for bruce springsteen at aami park there was no bags, only compact cameras allowed and this was apparently a live nation directive not a venue issue.
    It's gone from tour announcement imminent to what type of camera is allowed into a venue