15-11 Melbourne *
    19-11 Adelaide
    22-11 Sydney *
    26-11 Perth *
    30-11 Singapore
    3-12 Tokyo *
    7-12 Seoel *

This will be the first announcement. * second dates possible

I've been curious about the unusual route U2 are taking through Australia.

We see all the trucks in the loading docks of the shows. Hauling the stage & everything else from city to city. Flying everything from continent to continent (or a slow boat ride when time permits).

But how often do they fly they fly equipment around a continent? It must be much more costly. Did they only have one CLAW in Oz for 360? For that tour, Perth followed Sydney, like the rumoured schedule this time. It's takes over 40 hours to drive from Sydney to Perth! So there was a 3 day break between these cities for 360. I'd expect a 3 day break again, meaning Perth starting on the 27th, if Sydney's first show is on the 22nd.

Same for Asia. Usually there's at least 3 days between Oceania & Japanese shows. May be the same for Singapore, though it's not as far.
  2. I may be wrong but I thought they brought two claws to Australia.
  3. When they were doing North America and Europe, with lots of dates close together, they had 3 claws. But for Australia, South Africa and South America there were only 2, hence the larger gaps in dates. I believe there was only 1 screen, however.

This tour will probably follow a similar format to the 2006 tour down under, because the stage takes much less time to set up and tear down. 360 was awesome, but ridiculous at the same time.

I wonder how sales will be? 2006’s your was a runaway success, they could’ve added more shows in Australia and New Zealand for sure. 360 was adequate, but the 2nd shows didn’t sell out anywhere except Perth and maybe Auckland. Popmart in Australia was a horrific failure and probably lost them a shitload of money. Zoo TV was so-so, with Adelaide being half full, as were the New Zealand shows.

4. It's funny because it takes me pretty much bang on 20 minutes to get into the city from my house

But if you stayed anywhere in the CBD you'd be able to walk to the oval in 20ish mins easy.

5. They did it in Dublin in 2017. The pitch was splitted up into pitch 1 and 2.
  6. Sydney had two GA gates to queue at for Vertigo, which is always a bit of a worry. I was always unlucky & got the gate that has sun for the full day for each show I attended (the other one has afternoon shade).

Wasn't at 360 in Sydney. Maybe someone could confirm if they were using multiple GA gates there or not?
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:When they were doing North America and Europe, with lots of dates close together, they had 3 claws. But for Australia, South Africa and South America there were only 2, hence the larger gaps in dates. I believe there was only 1 screen, however.

This tour will probably follow a similar format to the 2006 tour down under, because the stage takes much less time to set up and tear down. 360 was awesome, but ridiculous at the same time.

I wonder how sales will be? 2006’s your was a runaway success, they could’ve added more shows in Australia and New Zealand for sure. 360 was adequate, but the 2nd shows didn’t sell out anywhere except Perth and maybe Auckland. Popmart in Australia was a horrific failure and probably lost them a shitload of money. Zoo TV was so-so, with Adelaide being half full, as were the New Zealand shows.
    I've posted this before, but The Joshua Tree stage takes a while to build as well (from wikipedia, so I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate);

"To accommodate the time required to transport the steel framework between cities and the two-and-a-half days required to build it, three separate sets of steel were used on tour, each one travelling on 16 trucks. As a result, while one structure was in use for a concert, another one was being erected elsewhere while a third was being disassembled. The lighting, sound, and video systems traveled on 30 trucks and required about eight hours to assemble. Tour director Craig Evans estimated that approximately 196 people were employed on tour, including 84 crew members and 42 entourage members who traveled on nine buses."
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I've posted this before, but The Joshua Tree stage takes a while to build as well (from wikipedia, so I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate);

"To accommodate the time required to transport the steel framework between cities and the two-and-a-half days required to build it, three separate sets of steel were used on tour, each one travelling on 16 trucks. As a result, while one structure was in use for a concert, another one was being erected elsewhere while a third was being disassembled. The lighting, sound, and video systems traveled on 30 trucks and required about eight hours to assemble. Tour director Craig Evans estimated that approximately 196 people were employed on tour, including 84 crew members and 42 entourage members who traveled on nine buses."
    Good to know, thanks very much.
  9. IF this is going to happen and to be IMMINENT like Remy wants us we should beLIEve since November 2018 WHEN do we get emails like this then :

NOV.2014 7 Month before Tour Start:

As well as one of these special gifts, an annual subscription to U2.com offers unique site content and you gain access to ticket pre-sales when the band head out on tour.

Subscribe now - or give a subscription to a friend.

Stay tuned for future exciting announcements!

best wishes
    The U2.com Team.

Dec. 2014 6 Month before Tour Start:

U2 have revealed details of their
    2015 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour.

As a long-term subscriber to U2.com you're part of our 'eXPERIENCE' group' and we're pleased to offer you the chance to take part in the opening day of ticketing pre-sales for this indoor, arena tour. It all starts on Thursday morning, Dec. 4, at 10am (local times).

Best wishes and see you at one of the shows...

The U2.com Team.

THESE ARE FACTS I haven´t recieved anything like this so far

Has everyone renewed their Membership to get Access to the presale ? I haven´t recieved any emails like that…..unusual.
  10. I received mine.