1. I think nobody knows anything for sure about this contract, don’t you? We can speculate or dream or discuss if we like but nothing for sure.
  2. I would estimate that 85% of what is to be known about the U2 32TreeExperience19 Tour is already known in this rumour thread.

3. Mix 94.5 is a radio station that targets older listeners. Plays a lot of classic rock and pop from the 70s-90s. If they aren't referring to U2 I honestly don't know who they are referring to.
  4. Originally posted by Streetfighter:They were different times. The fact that they released dvds before the end of the tour doesn’t mean it was a good choice. I never heard of other bands making a so stupid thing. Commercially it has no logic at all. In fact, in the last decade, they released Paris AFTER and they still have to release JTT dvd after 2 year from the end of the tour and E&I dvd too. If it was so convenient to put dvds out before a tour, everyone would be doing it. No bands are doing it.

If your theory is correct, than they could put out JT30 for Christmas which would have had the tour play everywhere it will. The same logic applies to blackouts in sports.
  5. One more consideration. They could also be waiting until after the election because it will free up ad executives who would have been busy. The rates might also be more economical.
  6. I would imagine Australia has only so many being a smaller country.
  7. Originally posted by miryclay:One more consideration. They could also be waiting until after the election because it will free up ad executives who would have been busy. The rates might also be more economical.
    All the promotional material is being put together by Live Nation HQ, and will be sent to Australia etc. late in the week, with enough time to print, and distribute. These days much of that can be sent digitally, so there's little need to do anything until the newspapers and other press outlets need information on the weekend to physically print. Campaign promotional materials have been designed for weeks I'm told.
  8. Originally posted by Streetfighter:Sorry if I'm sceptical.
    I've just read on U2Songs page that the announce will be on the 20th and the tour will probably be branded Joshua Tree Tour. Some thoughts:
    1) We are at 5 days from announcement. Someone here told me that when you get close to the announcement, you will find some leaks around like posters or so on. I don't have notice of any leak.
    2) Often before an announcement you have a pre-announcement, something like a "stay tuned". I don't have notice of this.
    3) JTT is a 2 and a half years old tour. Remaking it again is a commercial and artistic non-sense. Also if Australian fans didn't see it.
    4) Between JTT time and today, U2 made a new album and a new tour (E&I). Again, coming back to JTT is a commercial and artistic non-sense.
    5) If they do JTT tour, they cannot put out the JTT DVD. Putting out the DVD of the tour before the tour itself is a commercial suicide for the selling of the DVD.
    My opinion? There will be NO TOUR. Hope to be wrong, but this is my opinion.

I honestly don't know how people can still be sceptical about this tour happening at this point in time. If you aren't 100% confident that is fine, the tour hasn't been announced yet so something drastic could happen before the expected announcement that leads to the tours cancellation, but if you are less than 80% confident at this point you are going against the signs.

Even if you don't fully trust U2Songs (even though they have proven to be reliable in the past) other sources have indicated that U2 are coming to Australia. There was the newspaper article that indicated U2 were looking for a mansion in Sydney, a few mentions on the radio including Eddie Mcguire basically confirming that it was an open secret that they were coming back in march, Guy Oseary stating that he was travelling to New Zealand in Spring, Noel Gallagher announcing he would be in Australia in November, plus a radio reference to a big tour announcement on Monday and another radio host stating that they expect U2 to announce a tour on Monday both from today!

To specifically address your concerns:
    1. While you can generally expect tour posters to leak this isn't a guarantee, there is still time for it to leak before Monday.
    2, Basically the same as above - there isn't always a pre-announcement but it could occur before Monday
    3. They basically did the same thing when they did the Lovetown tour. U2 have been known to be slow to come to Australia. Additionally it seems that U2 have long planned to come to Australia. As mentioned by others they planned to come here in 2018 and had previous stated in an Australian 60 minutes interview that they intended to come to Australia around the time of the JT30 tour.
    5. Clearly they want to come to Australia (as stated above), and stadium tour, rather than an arena tour (like the I+E E+I tours), would be the most commercially viable option for the region, especially given the weak Australian dollar. I believe the last (and only) time U2 have done an arena tour in Australia was during The Unforgettable Fire tour.

If you aren't optimistic about the chances of a tour by this point I don't think any amount of leaked information will change your mind. Will just gave to wait until Monday/sometime next week to change your minds. If they don't announce the tour next week and U2Songs doesn't give a good reason why it wasn't announced or something dramatic doesn't occur, I will concede that there will be some reason to doubt that the tour is happening. But if that is the case it would have been one of the greatest tour conspiracies of all time given the amount of information indicating that the tour will be happening.
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    All the promotional material is being put together by Live Nation HQ, and will be sent to Australia etc. late in the week, with enough time to print, and distribute. These days much of that can be sent digitally, so there's little need to do anything until the newspapers and other press outlets need information on the weekend to physically print. Campaign promotional materials have been designed for weeks I'm told.
    It's a good idea to watch this link for promo material:

https://www.u2.com/rmpphoto
  10. IMPORTANT: Do not book flights or accommodation until these dates are officially announced by U2 or official ticketing agencies.

We have been sent the following tour dates by two sources.

November 8, 9 - Auckland - Mt. Smart Stadium

November 12 - Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

November 15, 16 - Melbourne - Marvel Stadium

November 19 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

November 22, 23 - Sydney - Sydney Cricket Ground

November 27 and add 28th - Perth - Optus Stadium

November 30 and add December 1st - Singapore - National Stadium

December 4, 5 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

December 8 and add 9th - Seoul - Gocheok Sky Dome

Strong rumours that a tour announcement will be made on Monday, May 20.
  11. Existing