1. Originally posted by dylbagz:I hope it's a mix of the best bits of the innocence tour, the Joshua tree tour and the experience tour.

Joshua tree songs, the happy meal section, acrobat, dirty day, stay, every breaking wave, wild horses, the little things and nothing else from the last two albums
    Do I get a toy?
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Hi - I help run U2Songs. I'd like to address some of your questions.

Our sources for the tour rumours started with crew. They later expanded to those in logistics and planning for the tour. we have now heard from the record label, the touring company (Live Nation), we have heard from staff at local venues, we have also been hearing from the local music press and are still hearing from crew etc. We would love to share more information on our sources, but most have asked not to be named, and are under an embargo not to reveal information. And we will respect that. This is all explained in our article on the tour rumours. We invite you to take a look if you want more information.

The rumours however are NOT just coming from us either. The Sydney Herald published a story about U2 and Elton John struggling to find houses. Both The Mix in New Zealand and Triple M radio stations in Australia have recently spoke about rumours on the radio (Triple M were specific in mentioning U2.) And both Noel Gallagher and Guy Oseary have mentioned they will be in the region. And Paul McGuinness when asked about it said "oh they announced that?" or something along those lines. None of that confirms a tour of course, but it is more than just U2Songs speaking about things.

We do get a lot of bad information sent our way as well so it does pay to be skeptical. Just yesterday after we did our update we saw a list of dates pop up that has several errors included. We've confirmed they are not legitimate, and will not print them. We prefer to be right over being first to print something. There are rumours that were not shared until we are able to get a second confirmation even though that sometimes took weeks. But I would hope our record would stand for itself. It's pretty easy to look back and see what we announced in advance in the past and what we got right and what we didn't.

And finally things do change. We were told early on that the tour would not be branded The Joshua Tree Tour. But at the time we were told that it would reintroduce the Joshua Tree songs and that they would be a focus on the tour. Now four months later we're being told it is The Joshua Tree after all. Things do change. All of the time. Three days before The Joshua Tree 2017 tour was announced the official press releases from Live Nation that were being prepared included a date for Raleigh. When that tour was announced Raleigh was no where on the list and it was later replaced with another city entirely. We've presented the information we have been given to the best of our ability and at the time we believed it to be current and factual based on us knowing the sources, and having been able to confirm it with more than one source.
    U2Wanderer1, thank you for your kind explaination. I want you to be aware that my personal opinion is absolutely NOT a criticism to the great job made by people involved in U2Songs page that, I have to say, I do read every day!! And I perfectly understand that you cannot provide sources names and I'm aware that information can change even at the last moment. This is not your fault, obviously. It is just that, combining the information that you gave us and some other one, the all thing seems to me paradoxical, for the reasons I explained. I'm aware that I'm in a minority position here! Anyway, on monday we will know! And, if an announcement will be done, the only thing I can do is to admit I was wrong and to offer you guys a beer at the next U2 concert we will attend!!!!
  3. ThErE wIlL bE nO tOuR

4. Right on - so it's The Joshua Tree.

Friends and fans at the end of the world over there - GO SEE THIS SHOW. Yes it may be a little iterative, but how many times will you ever get to hear U2 perform the Joshua Tree front to back? It was easily one of the greatest nights of my life.
  5. New artwork!
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Right on - so it's The Joshua Tree.

Friends and fans at the end of the world over there - GO SEE THIS SHOW. Yes it may be a little iterative, but how many times will you ever get to hear U2 perform the Joshua Tree front to back? It was easily one of the greatest nights of my life.
    I echo these sentiments, it was an amazing show, not to be missed.