1. If I were you I'd start a virtual GA line now for Singapore . Just in case.
  2. Originally posted by ddarroch:Anyone here done any asian GA lines before? U2 in Tokyo, or other acts in Asia? The GA lines would be a total unknown for me.

Singapore could be a bit of a nightmare. Average high in December is 31C, one of the cooler months. Though it doesn't vary much at all, being so close to the equator. I'm sure it's ridiculously humid then too. November/December are the wettest months, with over 300mm of rain in December! That is a hell of a lot of rain! More than some places get in a year. I think that a high proportion of that rain falls in afternoon/evening thunder storms.

Maybe Singapore would be a good candidate for an inside GA line. If people don't want to die before they get to the end of the show.

Spoke to someone in Berlin who went to Tokyo in 2006.

They said they have a very different style of queueing, can't exactly remember the specifics.
  3. Haha Maybe the only time a virtual line should be allowed. Save crazy people's lives.

Don't think I'd do Singapore. City is too expensive, tickets probably will be too. Plus that crazy, hot, humid weather!

Love to visit Japan though!
  4. Bono better not pull any Graffiti stunts a la SF87 in Singapore. He could get caned.
  5. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

Spoke to someone in Berlin who went to Tokyo in 2006.

They said they have a very different style of queueing, can't exactly remember the specifics.
    Cheers. I'd love to do Japan

Culture, maybe some snowboarding at that time of year (best snow on the planet), plus a U2 show, or two, or three!

Wonder what flight prices to Japan are like for you guys. I could consider that route for my trip to Europe from Oz, if the timing works out.
  6. Tokyo is amazing, not cheap though. Well worth 4 or 5 days there.
  7. Yeah, I don't think Japan is quite as expensive as it used to be. Though obviously Tokyo would be up there, in regards to costs. I'm from Sydney, which certainly isn't cheap. I organised a trip to Japan for my sister's family a couple of years ago. She was pleasantly surprised at the prices there, relative to Sydney.
  8. I just had a quick look on google, since this sort of stuff interests me and Sydney is ranked as a more expensive city than Tokyo, just a couple of places above but as you rightly said ddarroch Tokyo has dropped a few places in the list over the last few years. If you can get past the ticket, hotel and flight expenses then the other stuff can be managed right?
  9. Is 31C considered bad?

I could swear it was just about 100 F when we were lining up in Dallas a few years ago. I think I remember hearing that one of the Florida shows on JT30 (perhaps Tampa, perhaps both) was awful too.

Note: I prefer cooler weather, certainly below 31C, but that number doesn't seem to be something to actually worry about.
  10. Heat is manageable, it's the humidity that is really uncomfortable
  11. Yeah based on what I’ve experienced the same temperature can feel very different depending on the humidity. It’s never good they days where it feels like someone’s blowing warm air in your face.