1. I worked in Muscat Oman for a few years , humidity was often 95%+ , until you acclimatise to those conditions which takes months its unbearable
  2. Yep, & humidity in Singapore is always high, but averages in the high 80's in the monsoon season (Nov-Jan), so would be pretty unbearable. Plus 31C is the average maximum, there could be days well above that temperature!

The weather, the high costs & less interesting culture than many other Asian countries means it wouldn't be in my U2 bucket list.
  3. Mine neither, Vietnam or Cambodia and I'm on that plane
  4. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Yep, & humidity in Singapore is always high, but averages in the high 80's in the wet season (Nov-Jan), so would be pretty unbearable. Plus 31C is the average maximum, there could be days well above that temperature!

The weather, the high costs & less interesting culture than many other Asian countries means it wouldn't be in my U2 bucket list.
    Hmmm I didn't know that
  5. Yes humidity is the biggest problem. You can manage 40 C if it’s dry air but 25 C and humid- awful if you are not used to.
  6. I'm Irish so I would die !!
  7. Tokyo or Bangkok would be the best options coming from Europe I think
  8. Well, I remeber getting to 2006 Hawaii show from Kiruna/Sweden, where I was posted at that time.
    Left KRN at -100000 (or even less) and arrived HNL at +25 within 30-40hrs.
    Arlanda airport welcomed my flight with frozen hatch and "sorry - you'll have to wait till its defrosted'' while I had separate tickets for ongoing connections...
    Finally managed
  9. You are the Man Tomasz
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I just had a quick look on google, since this sort of stuff interests me and Sydney is ranked as a more expensive city than Tokyo, just a couple of places above but as you rightly said ddarroch Tokyo has dropped a few places in the list over the last few years. If you can get past the ticket, hotel and flight expenses then the other stuff can be managed right?
    I went to Japan two years ago and it was, quite surprisingly, affordable. I was on a rather tight budget but still managed to bring back JPY 50,000 after a week's stay (and I still brought home an extra bag full of souvenirs).

Japan can be expensive if you want to splurge on restaurants and high-end hotels but also relatively cheap if you stick to bento boxes and reasonably priced accommodation.

Please remember that smaller hotels and hostels tend to take reservations only for the next three months, so if you check their rates for the end of this year, they may not show up in searches or seem to be sold out.
  11. It always seems like a band sells out when they tour Asia, other than doing Japan. I don't know why but it just feels that way to me