1. Got me excited then.

Although if U2 do tour this year, I wonder what the chances of them playing JT in full would be. I don't think they would want to do it again, they're so against being a nostalgia act that touring the same album (which came out 30 years ago) 3 times would defintely make them one.

So what do they do? Ignore it completely (which is what I expect)? Or do they just play a few from JT, Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF etc. But then even if they do that they can't win, as Aus fans will miss out on Exit etc..
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:Got me excited then.

Although if U2 do tour this year, I wonder what the chances of them playing JT in full would be. I don't think they would want to do it again, they're so against being a nostalgia act that touring the same album (which came out 30 years ago) 3 times would defintely make them one.

So what do they do? Ignore it completely (which is what I expect)? Or do they just play a few from JT, Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF etc. But then even if they do that they can't win, as Aus fans will miss out on Exit etc..
    I expect (hope) they’ll bring it back, 2-3 classics (Streets, ISHF/WOWY, Bullet) and maybe 2 rarities (RHMT, Exit, One Tree Hill in NZ) for a mini-Joshua Tree segment of the set. Would make sense without doing the whole album again.
  3. They are playing Bilston too on the world tour
  4. Too much touring now. The band need to keep it fresh, and not constantly plug the nostalgia hole. Much as I enjoyed TJT30, I'm not interested in TJT32. The band aren't going to be here forever, and I'd much rather have something new than something old.
  5. I really hope it's not TJT.

Sure they'll reintroduce Streets etc but the whole album? Do they think this is the only way to sell out stadiums in an area they haven't played nearly a decade?
  6. Ideally I would love a combination of all 3... It would be quite unfair for us Aussies to miss out on Streets & WOWY etc. after missing it on I&E and JT. Who knows, they may keep Exit in the set? (unlikely)

My money would be on them calling it the E&I tour but it will likely be 3-4 SOI songs, 3-4 SOE songs and then the hits. Hopefully the AB songs from E&I make the set.
  7. Give me the Joshua tree again I don't mind

Much prefer to see in god's country, one tree hill, running to stand still and exit over cedarwood road, song for someone and the Blackout
  8. Originally posted by markreed:Too much touring now. The band need to keep it fresh, and not constantly plug the nostalgia hole. Much as I enjoyed TJT30, I'm not interested in TJT32. The band aren't going to be here forever, and I'd much rather have something new than something old.
    They haven't played Australia for 8 years. Easy for you to say, it wouldn't do any harm to anyone when U2 does a few shows down under. Might even be the perfect way too keep them going and get some inspiration. A long break doesn't make new music come earlier
  9. Wow.

Its ok if the band announce a brand new tour and just happen to scatter all the JT songs across the setlist, but if they do brand it as another Joshua Tree tour then they are a nostalgia act.
  10. I really hope that TJT32 doesn't happen. Would I go - of course. Would I go to many many shows - yes. Would I scream and shout and cry with joy at hearing One Tree Hill and other songs live for the first time - hell yeah.

But reliving a tour from 2 years ago (let alone the one 30 years before that) and ignoring the both arenas and the last two hours would be devastating
  11. Bottom line; JT is gonna fill the stadiums, guaranteed. I know demand for U2 will probably be high, but demand for U2 playing JT is of higher demand than U2 playing SOI and SOE. It costs a lot to tour that part of the world, and they want to sell maximum tickets at higher prices.