1. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Sorry i should have clarified the JT30 hiccup! It was a ONE OFF, thought as a means to fill in time given SOE delays and an idea to keep the band tight and ready to roll when it came to hitting the road with SOE behind them ( we all know how it takes them sometime to hit their straps when playing live and the older they get the harder that gets to hit those straps!! it was an exception to the rule!! Wont be repeated! Contracts??? U2 can write or break whatever contracts they want , Do you really think that anyone pulls their strings? Do they even have strings ? NO! Why? Because they have never been nor ever will be puppets to any entity!!
    Yes, I do think that U2 needs to honour contracts, just like any business arrangement.
  2. lol what are they going to do ? Sue them ? lol that would be a popular decision for LiveNation to take, it would be the beginning of the end of LiveNation if they did !
  3. U2 never been puppets
  4. We had MattG on here saying he knew for a fact it was a contractual obligation. I have accepted that even though I find it incredible (and not in a good way). I don’t understand it at all. You couldn’t write in a contract that the band were obligated to play x amount of tours because what amounts to a tour? If the band decide to play a few small venues is that a tour? Who gets to say what defines a tour? If it’s a case of number of shows then the band could have played a few more shows on the I&E and E&I tours to make up for the number of JT shows. I understand that the band make livenation money, I understand it as a partnership, I don’t understand where it becomes a point of livenation being able to turn around and say this is what you have to do. I’ll accept MattG’s word but there’s no information out there that allows me to understand it.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:We had MattG on here saying he knew for a fact it was a contractual obligation. I have accepted that even though I find it incredible (and not in a good way). I don’t understand it at all. You couldn’t write in a contract that the band were obligated to play x amount of tours because what amounts to a tour? If the band decide to play a few small venues is that a tour? Who gets to say what defines a tour? If it’s a case of number of shows then the band could have played a few more shows on the I&E and E&I tours to make up for the number of JT shows. I understand that the band make livenation money, I understand it as a partnership, I don’t understand where it becomes a point of livenation being able to turn around and say this is what you have to do. I’ll accept MattG’s word but there’s no information out there that allows me to understand it.
    Agreed All the points you raise i thought about but u have articulated it much better than i could have
  6. So basically they are departing the tarmac , gun pointed at their heads and being forced to play 'downunder'? what a load of BS !
  7. What I would say in regards to playing Australia etc is I thought it may be possible as the band might want to give fans in these parts of the world a few gigs since it’s been a long time. I can’t see them kicking off a tour anywhere outwith Europe or North America so it’s going to be a very long wait if the band don’t play a sort of one off tour for these countries. However, my way of thinking is nothing to do with the band being forced contractually and more about them feeling a need or a want to play these parts of the world.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:What I would say in regards to playing Australia etc is I thought it may be possible as the band might want to give fans in these parts of the world a few gigs since it’s been a long time. I can’t see them kicking off a tour anywhere outwith Europe or North America so it’s going to be a very long wait if the band don’t play a sort of one off tour for these countries. However, my way of thinking is nothing to do with the band being forced contractually and more about them feeling a need or a want to play these parts of the world.
    Exactly and that will come in 3 years time with a new disc behind them !!! So who even says any 'contracts' are being broken ! They are still touring , its just NOT going to be in 2019 , can we all get over it !!!