1. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

Hi Greg, I wouldn't say touring arenas in Australia is not financially viable. Plenty of big name artists have had arena tours in recent years.

If you didn't see it, here's a list of artists that have performed at Sydney's Qudos Arena (formerly the SydneySuper Dome).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainment_events_at_the_Sydney_Super_Dome

Touring arenas in Australia can be profitable. The reason I feel that we've been shafted in Oz is not that an arena tour would be unprofitable, but because Live Nations share of those profits would be smaller.

In the US Live Nation has a near monopoly in concert promotion, & actually owns many, many of the arenas. It therefore takes in a greater proportion of any profits. Hence why we have four tour legs in the US, while we in Australia - where Live Nation's piece of the profit pie is much smaller - get nothing.

Damn that Live Nation contact!

Can't ignore us forever I hope. I'd love an arena tour, but would happily take a stadium tour.
    How about other LiveNation acts? Do they also visit Australia not much? Or is it just U2?

And yes, the fact that LiveNation owns almost everything in the US (venues, tickets, merchandise, catering etc.) definitely makes more U2 shows in the US.
  2. Hmmmm, not really sure Remy. I'll have to look into that, you've made me curious.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I can’t see them playing TJT in full. I reckon they might do 6 or 7 from it though. Prediction time just because I love doing them.

1. Beautiful Day
    2. Vertigo
    3. Until The End Of The World
    4. Mysterious Ways
    5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking for
    6. Stuck In A Moment
    7. All I want Is You
    8. One Tree Hill
    9. Exit
    10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11. Bullet The Blue Sky
    12. Running To Stand Still
    13. City Of Blinding Lights
    14. The Unforgettable Fire
    15. MLK
    16. Where The Streets Have No Name
    17. One

Encore
    18. Ultraviolet
    19. With Or Without You
    20. Bad
    21. 40

God I hope not. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, but it nearly looks like the Vertigo shows we got down under. We do seem to end up with more greatest hits stuff, as it's usually so long after an album was released. Except for the Zoomerang tour, which wasn't too long after Zooropa was released.

One Tree Hill & Exit would be great additions though, which I'd really love to see. Particularly Exit, that looked sick last year!
  4. If I were to go, I wouldn't want the same show as in arenas in 2018. I hope they make it something special.
  5. Chili Peppers have just announced an Oz tour scheduled for next summer. It'll be an arena tour, with three festival dates (at wineries & a super car race) thrown in.

Actually starting the tour in Tasmania, at the tiny 7,500 seat Derwent Entertainment Centre!
  6. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    How about other LiveNation acts? Do they also visit Australia not much? Or is it just U2?

And yes, the fact that LiveNation owns almost everything in the US (venues, tickets, merchandise, catering etc.) definitely makes more U2 shows in the US.
    Pink just did an extensive arena tour with Live Nation as her promoter.
  7. Cheers.

Didn't know she was with Live Nation. It was an arena tour too, so it's certainly possible for a big name LN act to tour there, & in arenas.
  8. If this isn't tied to E+I and it's not JT, then they could really have some freedom with this tour.

But this is U2 we're talking about.

I'm still thinking about whether I should go.
  9. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Cheers.

Didn't know she was with Live Nation. It was an arena tour too, so it's certainly possible for a big name LN act to tour there, & in arenas.
    Most people are with Live Nation
  10. Hakwmoon 269
    Lights of home
    I will follow
    Bad
    Pride

Where the streets have no name
    I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
    With or without you
    Bullet the blue sky
    Running to stand still
    Red Hill mining town
    In God’s Country
    Trip through your wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers of the Disappeared

Elevation
    Vertigo
    Every breaking wave
    Get out of your own way
    Beautiful day
    One
    Love is bigger than anything in it’s way
  11. or

The miracle of Joey Ramone
    The blackout
    Lights of home
    I will follow
    Gloria

Hakwmoon 269
    Desire
    All along the watchtower
    God Part II
    One Tree Hill
    Bad
    Pride
    Where the streets have no name
    With or without you
    Get out of your own way
    Beautiful day
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    Acrobat
    Every breaking wave
    Summer of love

One
    Love is bigger than anything in it’s way
  12. I'm very sorry for the fans down under but right now I just think they need to get a long and deserved break. They've been going pretty much non stop since 5 years ago. It's ironic that a band with a traditionally low output rate since 1983 has suddenly increased that rate in the latter years of their career, when the trend is usally the opposite!

This is only 8 (eight!) years ago. All of them, but specially Larry and Bono, look like 43985 years younger than they do now. They definitely need a break. They've earned it.