1. Originally posted by EthanD:Realistically it would be a tour that would run for maybe 6 weeks, depending on how they space the shows and where else they play besides AUS/NZ. If they play the largest stadiums (AFL grounds, 60k+ capacity) then I would guess it will be one show per city, two cities per week. But there are some smaller stadiums (25-40k) which the band might feel safer booking which may lead to 2 nights.
    Yes it will have been 9 years since they last toured Australia but that doesn't necessarily mean huge ticket sales. I never hear U2 on the radio, and the fanbase is not as large as it was. Madonna had a gap of over 20 years and still flopped, which might explain U2 and Guy Oseary's hesitance.
    I still hear U2 on the radio in aus mainly gold 104.3
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm very sorry for the fans down under but right now I just think they need to get a long and deserved break. They've been going pretty much non stop since 5 years ago. It's ironic that a band with a traditionally low output rate since 1983 has suddenly increased that rate in the latter years of their career, when the trend is usally the opposite!

This is only 8 (eight!) years ago. All of them, but specially Larry and Bono, look like 43985 years younger than they do now. They definitely need a break. They've earned it.

[image]

And during those eight years Bono had his horrendous bike injuries and his mystery illness. Maybe they'll tour OZ etc if they feel the market is there. Takes a shit ton of money to take their production on the road, true, and at this point I'd say they'd be more inclined to stay comfortable with their cash cows, namely NA and Europe. However it would be nice to recognize their worldwide fans
  3. Originally posted by EthanD:Realistically it would be a tour that would run for maybe 6 weeks, depending on how they space the shows and where else they play besides AUS/NZ. If they play the largest stadiums (AFL grounds, 60k+ capacity) then I would guess it will be one show per city, two cities per week. But there are some smaller stadiums (25-40k) which the band might feel safer booking which may lead to 2 nights.
    Yes it will have been 9 years since they last toured Australia but that doesn't necessarily mean huge ticket sales. I never hear U2 on the radio, and the fanbase is not as large as it was. Madonna had a gap of over 20 years and still flopped, which might explain U2 and Guy Oseary's hesitance.

I'm a little more positive about sales. 360 was on the back of an unpopular album, though did have the WOW factor of the Claw, which would have boosted sales. There were two in-the-round shows in Sydney's ANZ stadium (80,000 capacity), along with two shows in Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth (each with around 50,000 capacity).

For Vertigo, the last time they did an 'end stage' stadium set up, there were three shows in Sydney's ANZ stadium, less shows in other cities.

If it's a stadium tour it'll be 'end stage'. If it's large stadiums (I'd expect so), I'd guess two shows in at least Sydney & Melbourne. Probably Auckland as well, & maybe Brisbane. One show in Adelaide, as you crow eaters will let the team down
  4. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

I'm a little more positive about sales. 360 was on the back of an unpopular album, though did have the WOW factor of the Claw, which would have boosted sales. There were two in-the-round shows in Sydney's ANZ stadium (80,000 capacity), along with two shows in Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth (each with around 50,000 capacity).

For Vertigo, the last time they did an 'end stage' stadium set up, there were three shows in Sydney's ANZ stadium, less shows in other cities.

If it's a stadium tour it'll be 'end stage'. If it's large stadiums (I'd expect so), I'd guess two shows in at least Sydney & Melbourne. Probably Auckland as well, & maybe Brisbane. One show in Adelaide, as you crow eaters will let the team down
    360 was only 4 years after Vertigo though. Not that long.

Could do well if they decide to play JT in full and promote it as such
  5. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

You'll have to come & join us
  6. Yeah, I was looking for return flights to Oz from Europe. They were around €900-1,000, for September-October next year. I also checked return flights from Sydney to Europe, for the same period. These cost around €700.

So €200 cheaper for Aussies to fly to Europe. What gives, normally things are more expensive in Oz.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm very sorry for the fans down under but right now I just think they need to get a long and deserved break. They've been going pretty much non stop since 5 years ago. It's ironic that a band with a traditionally low output rate since 1983 has suddenly increased that rate in the latter years of their career, when the trend is usally the opposite!

This is only 8 (eight!) years ago. All of them, but specially Larry and Bono, look like 43985 years younger than they do now. They definitely need a break. They've earned it.

[image]

Damn...I don't look at photos from this era super often, but wow, they do look that much younger. Bono especially has had a crazy transformation

Larry doesn't necessarily look "older" now, he just looks...........stretched:

They look so damn good here tho:
  8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

The difference in the tours was actually only 2.5 years.
  9. JT could live again if they want it to. Personally, I think it would cool for them to play it in Australia.