1. i don't really get a sense that the songs are unfinished, except possibly Miami? it felt like it could have gone somewhere in the last few minutes, but it just faded out, when I was expecting another layer.
  2. Pleasw. The bass is in the wrong key at the start for quite a while...
  3. Please, of course.
  4. Last Night On Earth. The middle 8/breakdown doesn't transition nicely back to the verse. Not only that but they literally came up with the chorus in the mastering suite! Bono's voice was shot so they drowned it in reverb.
    The live version with the guitar solo at the end would have sounded great on the album.
  5. The whole album is basically the most expensive demo U2 has released. And thus part of its greatness.
  6. Generally all of the songs, but it’s clearly obvious on some of them.
    Please / Last Night / If God...
    The single versions are way better.
  7. POP is an experimental album
    his only problem is that he's very sophisticated !
  8. Absolutely. I really, really love that album and still give it three to five spins a month. Never get tired of it.
  9. Last night on earth... at 51 seconds you can hear edge counting in.. “1,2,3,4, the more you take the”
  10. Please.
  11. Please and LNOE although in fairness the singles sounded a lot more complete particularly Please which has a great guitar solo by Edge. I wonder had POP done well in the US would they still be playing it today? In their own words in U2 by U2 they were hurt by the commercial and critical failure that it received Stateside, Edge mentions that Rock fans down south weren't ready to see their favourite Rawk band dressed up as "The Village people" they certainly had moved as far away as possible from the sound that made them so successful.
  12. Originally posted by popmarter:Please and LNOE although in fairness the singles sounded a lot more complete particularly Please which has a great guitar solo by Edge. I wonder had POP done well in the US would they still be playing it today? In their own words in U2 by U2 they were hurt by the commercial and critical failure that it received Stateside, Edge mentions that Rock fans down south weren't ready to see their favourite Rawk band dressed up as "The Village people" they certainly had moved as far away as possible from the sound that made them so successful.
    rapidly number 1 in the usa and 8 million albums sold worldwide is not a failure
    I think now the band would dream to sell 8 million albums