1. Originally posted by SJKamal:I still stand by my point that if the band were going to do an AB tour they wouldn't have played Acrobat this tour. They would have used it as another selling point for AB30. "Hey you know that song we've never played in 30 years? Well we'll be playing the full album, so come join us for another anniversary tour".

Plus do people really want an AB tour? Second leg of E+I was AB heavy.
    Half of the 2nd leg was AB heavy. There are songs not played since ZooTV.
    Lots of people, including many U2 haters, would die to see an AB tour.That's just like that. They could tour Europe alone for years in stadiums and sell out all the shows.
  2. Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album and Zoo TV is my favorite tour they've ever done, but I don't want to see a Zoo TV 30 tour or have them play AB in full.

For one, it seems clear that the only reason they did the JT30 shows is because they weren't ready with SOE like they initially thought, and then a few special anniversary shows turned into a full-blown tour when the demand was there (and the Live Nation contract demanded it...). It wasn't something they ever would have originally planned to do.

And also, they've played enough AB, including Acrobat finally, on E & I.

Leave Zoo TV in its glorious past - it's still relevant enough for today without re-doing the whole thing over again. I'm hoping the band take a long break - unless they do some Aus/NZ shows in 2019 - and come back with new material to tour at least one more time before calling it quits.

3. No mistake I liked it too.
  4. This will change again tomorrow but for now

Where the streets have no name
    The Electric Co.
    Get out of your own way
    Every breaking wave

Zoo Station
    Even better than the real thing
    One
    Until the end of the world
    Who’s gonna ride your wild horses
    So cruel
    The fly
    Mysterious ways
    Trying to throw your arms around the world
    Ultra violet (Light my way)
    Acrobat
    Love is blindness

The first time
    Dirty day
    Stay (far away, so close)
    Last night on Earth
    Miracle drug
    No line on the horizon
    The unforgettable fire
    With or without you
    “40”
  5. Originally posted by treasure:This will change again tomorrow but for now

Where the streets have no name
    The Electric Co.
    Get out of your own way
    Every breaking wave

Zoo Station
    Even better than the real thing
    One
    Until the end of the world
    Who’s gonna ride your wild horses
    So cruel
    The fly
    Mysterious ways
    Trying to throw your arms around the world
    Ultra violet (Light my way)
    Acrobat
    Love is blindness

The first time
    Dirty day
    Stay (far away, so close)
    Last night on Earth
    Miracle drug
    No line on the horizon
    The unforgettable fire
    With or without you
    “40”
    Why did you choose the beginning set and the set after Zooropa? I’m curious and interested!
  6. I don't want them to do an AB30 tour, but I also do, and IF they do it'll be stadiums with a screen they can play inside at above the stage and a B-stage : only 6 of these songs were not played between 2015-2018.

The Blackout (inside screen)
    Zoo Station (inside screen and main stage)
    The Fly
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Unchained Melody
    Until The End of The World
    New Years Day
    Numb
    Stay (B stage) or Song For Someone
    Wild Horses (B stage)
    So Cruel (B stage)
    Every Breaking Wave
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
    -
    Daddy's Gonna Pay or Get Out of Your Own Way or Iris
    Lemon / With or Without You
    -
    Ultraviolet
    Acrobat
    Love Is Blindness
    Zooropa (iE version) / Where The Streets Have No Name
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    Bad / "40", All I Want Is You, Still Haven't Found, Pride, or similar anthem to close.
  7. That set list would be amazing
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album and Zoo TV is my favorite tour they've ever done, but I don't want to see a Zoo TV 30 tour or have them play AB in full.

For one, it seems clear that the only reason they did the JT30 shows is because they weren't ready with SOE like they initially thought, and then a few special anniversary shows turned into a full-blown tour when the demand was there (and the Live Nation contract demanded it...). It wasn't something they ever would have originally planned to do.

And also, they've played enough AB, including Acrobat finally, on E & I.

Leave Zoo TV in its glorious past - it's still relevant enough for today without re-doing the whole thing over again. I'm hoping the band take a long break - unless they do some Aus/NZ shows in 2019 - and come back with new material to tour at least one more time before calling it quits.
    I agree - the only AB rehash I want to see is a new album and tour with the same attitude as AB. I just don’t think 58 year old Bono could do 1992/93 Bono much justice, especially after finding such a great mature sound on SOE that really fits his voice and 2018 personality
  9. I think it will happen. AB deserves it as much as JT ... with Acrobat and Macphisto back, only thing in the way is So Cruel.
    Plus with the started desire for a Long break, Live Nation won't pass up the cash cow of Zoo TV 30.
  10. Imagine them playing a few songs from TJT to start the night, on the same JTJ2017 stage setup, then they all take a massive axe to the tree, chop it down to reveal ZOO TV
  11. 1. City Of Blinding Lights
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Beautiful Day
    4. Mysterious Ways
    5. One
    6. So Cruel
    7. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    8. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

9. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    10. Dirty Day
    11. Acrobat
    12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    13. Bullet The Blue Sky
    14. Running To Stand Still
    15. With Or Without You
    16. Zoo Station
    17. The Fly
    18. Until The End Of The World

19. Zooropa
    20. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    21. All I Want Is You
    22. Bad
    23. Streets
    24. Love Is Blindness

There were a few others I initially included but tried to keep myself to a limit of 24/25 max