1. Originally posted by Prior86:I'm watching it just now. I thought it was really good. Setlist was good also. Is there any idea why they got so much hate on the Glastonbury gig?
    they got hate becuase its U2 in the UK.
    Generally... most britts hate them AND the whole tax evasion p discussion was at its peak with protests Against U2 literally Being aired in baloon form during the gig.
  2. Originally posted by mofothethird:[..]
    Generally... most britts hate them AND the whole tax evasion p discussion was at its peak with protests Against U2 literally Being aired in baloon form during the gig.
    Overall it got positive reviews even the NME who generally dispise them gave it a thumbs up ,they were nervous and it showed Bad was cut short ,they played Boots to a mute reaction some of the song's lacked the passion they usually get and doing the gig in the middle of the US leg of the 360 tour was a major gamble .Bono didn't move around as much as he usually does as the stage was very wet and it rained a lot during the gig which dampened the atmosphere
  3. Originally posted by mofothethird:[..]
    Bono getting a laser pointer shone in his eyes too
  4. And add to that. The HUGE gap between the crowd and band, was like a 20 meter one instead of the 1 meter gap. The wide angle lenses on TV fool you and makes it look cozy. But it wasn't.

I was front row for that gig and i still felt detached from the band . They where acting different than usual and just. Seemed nervous? I can't explain it. It just felt different.

Also the crowd looking lackluster was probably due to the fact that it was so packed : If you jumped you'd just get stuck mid air between people.
  5. Never understood why that gig sounds so bad compared to all U2 concerts. The drum especially is horribly muffled, there's no treble at all in the snare drum, makes it sound almost like a bass drum. Same for Edge's guitar, sounds just distant. Kills the show for me...

Can bands not have their own team mixing the sound for festivals ?
  6. Originally posted by jheath:Finally got round to uploading this today. The music is mixed and remastered from the Setanta Sports broadcasted audio. This way we don't have the BBC presenters talking over U2 and the crowd.
    Enjoy.
    [YouTube Video]

Based on the fact that certain sound quality is very relative depending on who is listening and I am not a sound technician, I can say that I liked the work done here. And if someone does not agree, I'm willing to hear more audios arranged from this one.
  7. Originally posted by mofothethird:And add to that. The HUGE gap between the crowd and band, was like a 20 meter one instead of the 1 meter gap. The wide angle lenses on TV fool you and makes it look cozy. But it wasn't.

I was front row for that gig and i still felt detached from the band . They where acting different than usual and just. Seemed nervous? I can't explain it. It just felt different.

Also the crowd looking lackluster was probably due to the fact that it was so packed : If you jumped you'd just get stuck mid air between people.
    I was also lucky enough to be at the gig and in the pit thing near the front. I agree with all your comments but if you also remember it absolutely tipped it down with rain ALL day from around 11.00AM it was no fun standing in all that mud all day and getting soaked to the skin.
  8. Originally posted by jheath:Finally got round to uploading this today. The music is mixed and remastered from the Setanta Sports broadcasted audio. This way we don't have the BBC presenters talking over U2 and the crowd.
    Enjoy.
    [YouTube Video]

One of my favourite shows! Thanks
  9. Originally posted by andyuk36:[..]
    I was also lucky enough to be at the gig and in the pit thing near the front. I agree with all your comments but if you also remember it absolutely tipped it down with rain ALL day from around 11.00AM it was no fun standing in all that mud all day and getting soaked to the skin.
    You must have been close ish to me then! Was front rail in front of Mr Clayton! Waited out since 9 in the morning together with my British friend. Soaked to the bone even though i wore a plastic bag

It was the most Glastonbury thing that could happen. I don't know if you recall the stage hands dumping bark / woodchip in front of the stage to make it somewhat walkable for people. It was hilarious.

What also comes to mind is seeing Dallas, Stuart and the likes sounchecking in half bare legs , but wearing wellies. while playing the guitars etc. Looked hilarious.

I think the rain, the crowd crushing eachother and the huge gap killed the vibes of for the crowd , hile the band tried its best but where limited physically due to the slippery stage and i mean, gear can't get too wet either i take.