1. Hahaha I was like 6 or 7 and remember hearing it and loving it and then on a trip to Canada ironic enough I remember listening to Atomic bomb front to back, so I’ll always have a special memory of the COBL and Quebec
  2. Hmmm...I guess mine must have been "The Fly."

I really liked it upon its release (and still do) so much that I preferred it to almost all of the other 11 songs (aside from maybe "One" and "Ultra Violet" if I recall correctly) on AB once they were released with that album.

This was waaaaaayyy back in 1991!

Admittedly, it took me a really long time to appreciate Zoo Station, Mysterious Ways (which I eventually grew tired of again), and TTTYAATW.
  3. With Or Without You. If I remember correctly, it was released shortly before the album came out. Bought the 7'' on the same day as the album, though, on the day The Joshua Tree was released. Later, in 1990 (?), With or Without You Was also the first CD I bought, a few years before I bought a CD player. CDs were rare back then, but if you bought a CD to a party where they had a CD player, it got played! So to make sure there was no party without my favourite song, I bought the CD single of it. Also more convenient than carrying my beloved 7''.
  4. Not so much a song; rather it was an entire album - Under a Blood Red Sky on red vinyl back in 1983. My interest was ignited by seeing the Gloria video on TV, which lead me to discover War and buy their first 3 albums but the live album was the first new release that I heard and bought.
  5. the fly. A friend of my dad had it and was realy into it. Unlike my dad, he had R&H in his van and only listened to that and JT.
    Bit of a different U2 for my dad ??? When i was 12 we went to Zooropa in Rotterdam. Now that was an experience

After that got Zooropa on tape, only got to it through the library (phonotheque).
    Had to wait for it for weeks. U2 was great back then, MTV and all. Dad hang on to JT
  6. The unforgettable fire album, in september 1984
  7. I discovered U2 in 1984 (when I was 13...) with the UABRS version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, which was shown frequently on MTV. But that wasn't a "new" song (still fresh, but not new). So my first new U2 song was Pride (In The Name Of Love)...also via MTV and pretty sure it was this video clip:

8. 1990 where the streets have no name on spanich radio station !
  9. Vertigo, I saw the live premiere on Top Of The Pops
  10. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
    I became fan after hearing Dublin 93 bootleg and it was id 93 or early 94. So HMTMKMKM was first new song after becoming fan and it was played very often in radio and TV.
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I discovered U2 in 1984 (when I was 13...) with the UABRS version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, which was shown frequently on MTV. But that wasn't a "new" song (still fresh, but not new). So my first new U2 song was Pride (In The Name Of Love)...also via MTV and pretty sure it was this video clip:

[YouTube Video]
    Remember that video and debut of the song well - it really was "new U2" after the first trilogy.
  12. Impressive stories everyone

You could say I am a fan since I was born because my parents were fans as well. I watched the Zoo TV Sydney show in VHS in repeat since it aired at the end of 1993 and by 1994 I knew most of the songs in Spanglish and I could mimic all Macphishit's moves (I was 4 years old)

I didn't catch Passengers -my parents weren't that much interested on it- and we missed Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me too, but I was totally hooked to Pop and A Year Of Pop documentary. I vividly remember when my mom bought the Pop CD and put it into the car CD system. She didn't like it much on first listen but I totally freaked out to Discothèque, Gone, Please. My instant favorite of the album was -and stayed like that for a long time- Wake Up Dead Man, but regarding the opening post message, I guess Discothèque was my first "new" U2 song as well