1. Window in the skies back when I was a kid.
  2. Out of control, Slane Castle
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I remember the KRO played the entire album on the Sunday before it was in the shops. One track every hour...it was magic
    dont forget the tape recorder and trying to get the whole songs without the talking of the dj
  4. Obviously Vertigo was enormous, and I was a fan, but my first anticipated U2 release was Get On Your Boots
  5. Numb video single. The video to Love is Blindness was really good, and i liked the (2nd track) Numb remix better than the original. They should have called it Number.
  6. Neon Lights, I guess. It leaked before Vertigo in august 2004. Then there was Vertigo itself in late spetember, recorded from some british radio. And then, right after, leaked proper file with proper clean song.
  7. Get On Your Boots

What a fun time that was. It was probably Window in the Skies to be pedantic but GOYB was my first real release upon being a big fan. I went to Chester on the day if it’s release and decided to buy the CD and vinyl singles in HMV while I was there. I remember the excitement here on the day of its first radio airplay. That’s a good thread to dig out every now and then.
  8. Boots for me aswell, although I actually remember more listening to Irish radio the Will.i.am NLOTH remix, which was the b-side.
  9. Originally posted by MattG:Obviously Vertigo was enormous, and I was a fan, but my first anticipated U2 release was Get On Your Boots
    Anticipated U2 release....that's maybe a better phrase . Again, surprised how many Post ATYCLB mentions!
  10. I remember thinking that first New Years Day video was pretty cool, then when they played Live Aid they got my full attention as a fan. "With Or Without You" was so different than anything else at the time!
    Boom, solidified fan from then on.
  11. One tree Hill
    From The 1989 new Years Concert.
    Became a fan by Taping that show from the radio and listening over and over again