1. I was aware of U2 as my Dad had the JT and RH on CD. Summer of 95, I was 13, just starting to develope musical tastes. HMTMKMKM was what turned me on to U2, and caused my to dive ahead over heals into their amazing back catalog. Then came Passengers. I liked MS and a few others, but that one kind of weirded me out.

Discotheque was my first proper new U2 song as a full fledged fan. I remember being confused, delighted, among many other emotions. Good times!
  2. Best Thing. Technically The Blackout if you count that video, but I felt more hype for Best Thing.

EDIT: Actually it would be Little Things, the Jimmy Kimmel performance. I was simply entranced.
  3. Became a fan in 1990, first albums heard were Rattle and Hum, Under A Blood Red Sky and Joshua Tree. First "new" song was The Fly, loved it. I was reminded of hearing the Fly for the first time when I first heard Discotheque on the radio..kind of a "WTF is this" moment. But I immediately loved the Fly. Discotheque, not as much LOL
  4. Discotheque. It wasn't a song that I was waiting for as a fan. I heard it as a non-fan just when the Pop was released and the whole album made me a huge fan. Staring At The Sun and Discotheque were obviously the most catchy songs, but I also loved Gone after the first listen and really fell in love with the whole album - an affair that lasts until now.

The first album I was anxiously anticipating as a huge fan already was ATYCLB. It is THE album that I was most looking forward to. Ever. The first song that was released was obviously Beautiful Day and I remember how sort of disappointed I was. And I still can't say that I would like that song. But I instantly loved the album as such and again - I love it still.
  5. I remember when JT was new, and Rattle & Hum, but I don't remember the single releases for those albums as much as I remember when The Fly came out.
  6. My parents had how to dismantle an atomic bomb on DVD and played it in the car. I was 5-6 and remember hearing the intro of city of blinding lights and really enjoyed the song. Unfortunately it took me till about 2010 to discover the band.
  7. The Fly.
    Back in the days when MTV was a music channel and you had to listen to the radio for hours hoping that they would play The Fly again.
  8. Every breaking wave, live for the first time in Helsinki in 2010 & the first time I heard it. It felt special & I liked it.
  9. My first introduction to U2 was Atomic Bomb, it had been in my parent's heavy rotation during long road trips and at some point in 2005 it caught my ear. I convinced them to take me to a concert (2005-05-26 in Boston). After that, I was hooked and poured over their entire discography. I remember it was a period of years where I'd be going to every store's CD section looking for Achtung Baby to no avail. It wasn't until four years later I got to hear Get On Your Boots. I remember really liking it, still only being a teenager at the time. NLOTH itself was a challenging listen for me. I've since become a huge fan of it and see it kinda as "my U2 album", but at the time I was wondering why they sounded so sad and moody.
  10. 1982 I Will Follow - Live from 't Heem Hattem, recorded by Veronica radio/tv. It was this incredible live version that makes me wondering which band is playing this, later they showed it on tv. Wow...This was the first song I really liked U2 and heard stories that this band could be big. But a year before I heard the October album from my brother, I liked some song like October, Gloria, Tomorrow and Rejoyce, I was just a little interested. 1983 it was the War album, many great songs, I bought it and New Years Day came out, I was positive shocked from this incredible band. A new U2 fan was born.
  11. My first new song, surprisingly, was The Sweetest Thing.
  12. Night and Day.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody else has said that one yet. It was from that time between R&H and AB. Surely I'm not the only one who really got into them in 1989 or 1990?

(I had heard them before of course, but I didn't really make the connection that this one awesome band was making a whole ton of awesome songs. Somehow or the other, listening to New Years Day on the radio one time just made a lightbulb go off in my head.)