1. Saw Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday (good movie btw, just a tad overrated ), and it got me thinking... Could they make a biographical film about our boys as well?

Is there enough material (i.e. drama) there to create an interesting story line, and fill up 2 hours?

What do you guys think
  2. U2's history is nowhere near as dramatic as Queen's Freddie's so I'd say there's no need for a drama movie like Bohemian Rhapsody (which is superb, indeed). Also, these movies should be done when the bands' career is over and done with, and from the look of things we'll have them for many years yet
  3. Not much drama here, luckily. Maybe a film could focus on Bono's loss of his mother or the band in crisis at the beginning of the 1990's...but the latter story has been told in From the sky down already. Other than that, it's just a story of a very successful career- and as a movie, that story is not that interesting, imho.
    Oh, another idea here: The Story of bringing Popmart to Sarajevo would be/could be an interesting one!
  4. I thought the story of U2 would he that the four men stayed together all this time. I’d actually have it start with Bono’s bike accident and then have his life flash before his eyes.
  5. I'd like a U2 film that covered the early years - from the death of Iris, Mount Temple, 'drummer seeks musicians to form band' through Feedback, The Hype, and U2, signing in the women's toilet... depending on how much coverage things are given it could be finished at Boy's release (the first album, they're on their way now...), the release of War or preferably Red Rocks (they're the hot up-and-coming act, they've figured out their way), or Live Aid (U2 are Rock's Hottest Ticket - the boys from Dublin have made it!). Would be interesting.

I do like the idea of a film, perhaps something of a documentary but still a 'story', focusing on a short interval or the history of a single event, like bringing PopMart to Sarajevo as mentioned above.