1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Although... it will be exciting to hear Streets again. I really didn’t think they’d drop it, and I say good on them for it.

As for this topic, I really don’t know what to expect at all. Love Rescue Me and AIWIY have been mooted and I think those are good calls. Additionally, on both ie and ei they revisited a Bomb song (though for only two shows in the case of Miracle Drug)... maybe something like Love and Peace or maybe Crumbs? One Step Closer was rehearsed a few years back, and I’m all for them trying songs that they’ve never done...

AIWIY has a chance, since they played it at the Abbey Road session. Means it's been pre-dusted off... so there's a chance.
  2. Originally posted by ferrari:Please, Wake up deadman (full band), Last night on earth, Do you feel loved, NLOTH, Moment of surrender, Drowning man, Like a song, Tomorrow, Fire, I fall down, Another time, another place, Kite, Indian Summer Sky, Love rescue me, God part 2, Heartland, Hawkmoon 269, All I want is you, Electrical Storm, The Saints Are Coming, Your Blue Room.

It would take them a year to rehearse for that set.
  3. I know........, I currently listen to many Springsteen concerts, so I was inspired by his setlists......, but I have to keep on dreaming........
  4. I think the band probably could learn all they songs above. For me it’s more about choice rather than what the band are capable of when it comes to putting a Setlist together. The last few tours have proven that particularly TJT17 tour where none of the last 7 songs from the album had been anything like regular since RTSS had a bit of a run 12 years previously on the vertigo tour. I think they’ll be giving themselves plenty of time to rehearse what they think will be a Setlist with good balance for the fans and then the twists and turns of rehearsals will start leading right into the first few shows where they see how the crowd react to the show they’ve put together. I think it’s all done very carefully. I would suggest the band would probably love to add more songs they haven’t played in a while but just don’t want to push it too far with the fans so have a bit of caution with how many what I like to call less obvious choices they include.
  5. I just hate that song lol. All that talk from U2 about people's negative reaction to Rattle and Hum, that's my reaction to that song. U2 trying to do the blues (a genre I find boring to begin with) is just....yuck.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I just hate that song lol. All that talk from U2 about people's negative reaction to Rattle and Hum, that's my reaction to that song. U2 trying to do the blues (a genre I find boring to begin with) is just....yuck.
    Oh I wholeheartedly disagree I think it’s one of their best songs in terms of really stripping it down, and I think it’s lyrics could be the best. So yeah I really disagree with ya here.
  7. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Oh I wholeheartedly disagree I think it’s one of their best songs in terms of really stripping it down, and I think it’s lyrics could be the best. So yeah I really disagree with ya here.
    +1

360 performances were great. I like the SLC version.
  8. I feel like with a lot of rattle and hum I need to be in a certain mood to listen to it which you might thinks normal for music but the majority of u2 songs I can enjoy at any time. Rattle and Hum can get a bit boring to me and love rescue me comes under that. I only revisit the songs occasionally, but I wouldn’t call them poor songs they just don’t excite me as much as a lot of u2’s work.
  9. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Hey, to each their own!