1. Someone probably already posted it but-

Edge had the best answer to this in...I think it's in At The End of the World. He basically says

"if I actually thought about doing a solo album, it'd go like this:

Okay, so I'll need a bassist. Who's the best bassist I know? Adam.

I'll need a drummer...who's the best drummer I know? Well it's got to be Larry.

Who's the best vocalist I know? obviously it's Bono.

I just end up making U2."

He's not saying that technicality wise, they're the best instrumentalists he knows - he's saying that in terms of what he works best with, it's the people he works with anyway, so what's the point?

I'm glad they've never done the solo thing (yes they've done offshoot work but it's not the same) - it makes them unique and just adds to that notion that they're a band for life, mates for life, etc.
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:An alternative I thought that was suited to a vinyl release was a double LP where the songs and style of each side were determined by each band member. So instead of the consensus / collaborative sound that is U2, it would be the compilation of four benign dictatorships. Every member would be able to choose a style they wanted but without going outside of the band. It would collectively amount to a U2 album but have four very distinct parts (or not).

So like KISS?

https://www.discogs.com/Kiss-The-Kiss-Solo-Albums/release/2207234
  3. or Pink Floyd? UMMAGUMMA is an awful, awful record.
  4. Their solo albums would only appeal to current fans. The general public woule be like, meh. I think Steve Perry has a better chance of a new solo career than any U2 member.
  5. The Edge did make the Captive album. And got Larry to play drums on it...
  6. Bono release his first solo album, it is going to be called The Big Idea.
    12 covers on U2 songs.

7. quite like this one!
  8. There's a Canadian band called Sloan that songs are written equally between the 4 members. Further to that, when they perform live, they switch instruments accordingly. Same format, same 4 guys since 1991.....and now I'm gonna put them on Spotify
  9. I think it will be called "No Them, Only Us" with songs such as "My Black Denim Jacket".