Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by tommybanny:Seems to be a lot of pessimism around ticket sales from everyone? There are no indicators that shows are going to sell badly at this point?
    I'd love for all the shows to sell out. To be honest, I've not seen a lot of advertising for the tour.
    I guess we'll see how fast they sell tomorrow.
  2. Shows are selling a LOT slower this year! Theres that many for people to choose from!
  3. So Seoul presale has now begun.

Here in Korea most people who know U2 know them as a huge rock band that never visits Korea. Never heard of U2 and don't know any U2 song.
    Sometimes there are some cases of I-don't-know-them-but-I-know-their-songs, but I can tell you U2 isn't one of them.

If Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds were to do the opening act in Seoul as well, it could have increase the sales quite a lot, because he's way much more popular.

IMO U2 didn' care much for Korean market for a long time either...
    Remastered/reissued albums weren't available on music platforms in Korea for years, for example.
    I was so surprised when Bono mentioned "electro popers from Seoul" in his 'Remeber Us?' letter... One thing he probably didn't know was that the fans in Seoul had to create a non-Korean iTunes account to download their new baby 'cause Music Store isn't in service here.

Well, MBC, the local organizer for the show and one of the leading broadcasting company in this country, is trying their best to promote the show. Hopefuly this would work... (In fac they are the one who made this Seoul show possible)

Then again when I look at the prices and seating map... *sigh* how many would pay this price for this seat at Gocheok? Will the show sell out?

Some of my friends tell me I'm being too pessimistic about this U2 conert in Seoul by the way
  4. Does anyone know whether or not the Singapore show is actually gonna happen?

What is the rumored date of the show?

When will be the presales?

I'm actually getting kind of nervous. I might be out of town next week if the presales start at that time. On top of that, there's the possibility that the band might cancel the Singapore show due to all the red tape associated with booking shows in the part of Asia.
  5. Originally posted by HBK79:Does anyone know whether or not the Singapore show is actually gonna happen?

What is the rumored date of the show?

When will be the presales?

I'm actually getting kind of nervous. I might be out of town next week if the presales start at that time. On top of that, there's the possibility that the band might cancel the Singapore show due to all the red tape associated with booking shows in the part of Asia.
    It will happen. Rumoured date is Nov 30 or Dec 1.
  6. My predictions of sales;

Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne will sell out relatively quickly, with 2nd shows being added soon after. These 2nd shows will sell slowly, and may appear to not be selling well, but will probably look pretty full upon show day, and U2 will make a lot of money and be happy.

Brisbane will sell out, but won’t get a 2nd show. The 2nd Brisbane show in 2010 had the upper level curtained off, with only about 30,000 in attendance. Adelaide and Perth probably will sell slowly, but will be full by show day.

Seoul and Tokyo are small venues, so they should fill up. There is no way to know if U2 will add a 2nd show in Seoul. Singapore seems to hold in the 50,000 range if it’s at the national stadium, but they should fill it up fairly quickly.
  7. Originally posted by EthanD:[..]
    I'd love for all the shows to sell out. To be honest, I've not seen a lot of advertising for the tour.
    I guess we'll see how fast they sell tomorrow.
    I watched the State of Origin the other night. Saw a U2 ad during the post-game show, a fair while after the game had finished. Should have been on earlier!Yeah, it'd be a much more expensive ad slot, but the number of people watching would be far, far higher.
  8. How many shows will we get all up then, 14?
  9. Originally posted by tommybanny:Seems to be a lot of pessimism around ticket sales from everyone? There are no indicators that shows are going to sell badly at this point?

Combination of little hype, an old tour with no real point, an economy slowing down and a whole bunch of other large, old acts charging ridiculous prices for concert tickets is why there's not much positivity surrounding demand
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

Combination of little hype, an old tour with no real point, an economy slowing down and a whole bunch of other large, old acts charging ridiculous prices for concert tickets is why there's not much positivity surrounding demand
    Spot on. I have foretold a big fiasco in ticket sales for this tour, let's see if you guys at the other side of the world prove me wrong!
  11. Has it actually been specifically mentioned anywhere that on the this tour they'll play the album in full every night? I know it's presumed based on 2017 but from memory they announced it would be played in full every night. Can't recall seeing that this tour but I haven't been paying much attention